newbook on walter model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbook on walter model

anyone read this yet? i am thinking of buying , not aware of any previous biog on model

Which book on Model do you mean? I read Hitler's Commander by Newton, and it is really an excellent biography. It isn't biased and actually dispels a lot of myths about Walter Model.

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus Richter View Post
      Which book on Model do you mean? I read Hitler's Commander by Newton, and it is really an excellent biography. It isn't biased and actually dispels a lot of myths about Walter Model.
      damm , if i d known about that one i would have acquired it ! the one i ve just ordered is "a flawed genuis"by Marcel Stein

Comment

I have never read Stein's book, hopefully it's as fair and well researched as Newton's. Model has a certain reputation of being one of Hitler's lackeys and a "die-hard" Nazi. Newton pretty much shows that is not quite the case, especially the numerous times Model purposely lies to Hitler about following his orders then secretly doing the opposite. It's a really fascinating book, and quite refreshing. Actually, after looking at some of the reviews on Amazon on Stein's book, maybe, if you can, you can return it and get Newton's instead...
        Last edited by Klaus Richter; 01-20-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X