Reference book on medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference book on medals

I am looking for good reference books on medals in general (UK, Russian, Prussian, etc.) Any recomendations?

Thanks

for British Medals you could try the Medal Year Book by Token Publishing
    Regards
    Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

I have found Paul Hieronymussen book: "Orders, Medals and Decorations of Britain and Europe" and "Orders and Medals of the USSR" (unsure of the author because it was originally published in the former Soviet Union but is now in reprint). Both are good "general" reference books. You can usually find both on eBay and they are relatively inexpensive.

Good luck,
      John

Comment

Reference books

Thanks for the responses. What do you think of the following books:

Vernon's Collector's Guide to Orders, Medals
        Medal Collector's Companion
        Orden & Ehrenzeichen Deutschland 1871-1945

Comment

Vernon's book is good and provides some decent information/reference. The only thing I don't like about it is that the photos are in black and white which makes for a difficult time determining colors of awards and ribbons. I do not have the other book so I can not comment. Another good general reference book for WWII German awards is "Medals & Decorations of the Third Reich" by Dr Henrich Doehle who was a SS Colonel and the Under Secretary in the Chancellery of the Head of State and State Chancellor. You can find this book on eBay as well.

Best,
          John
          Last edited by Market Garden; 03-20-2004, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Medals, Decorations & Orders of World War One and World War Two (2x Volumes) by A A Purves. Still easy to find and probably what you're looking for.

Comment

Thank you all for the sugestions. I have found a few of the books and they are on order. They will keep me occupied for a while and help me with my future purchases.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X