Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goring savings Book

Hello Gentlmen,

I have been offer the following piece, which has been described by the seller as

"A Goering savings books. They were issued to the orphaned children of dead pilots with 1000RM from Goering"

Personally I have never seen one of these before. Any thoughts on rarity

The price point is $500.00, I am not sure if that is on the mark for this or way over priced.

Any insite to this example or the background on which they were isuued is most welcome.

Cordially yours,
    JD
    Attached Files
    What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Joe, I have seen these savings passbooks offered every now and then. This price seems a little higher than I have seen in the past but it has been at least a year since I have seen one offered for sale. These were savings accounts started for the children of fallen Luftwaffe personnel. The are pretty scarce based on what I have seen come up for sale. If they are worth $500 has to be up to you. I don't know that there is a great demand for these even though they appear to be pretty scarce. It is one of those cases of low supply but low demand. Hope this helps.
      Richard V

Comment

Hi Joe,

I could have sworn I saw one of these on Bill Sheas site a while ago, if this may be of any help ?

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

saving books

Hy Marcus,

i think the price is a little high, i know that they are going arround 200 to 300 euro here in Germany, at least thats what i heard.

Best regards

Pionier

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,

Thank you kindly for the help, I did tag the piece for slightly less, but given the rarity of the piece I think IMHO is was worth it.

Cordially Yours,
            Joe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X