The Official Disappointed in the Pacific thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    It was still interesting , those who expected something like BOB , for sure got disappointed , I know I did , since the story was more about the principal individual and not so much about the whole Pacific campaign !!! which is probably what we all anticipated !!! . Never the less , I still enjoyed what they showed and the stories following these guys .
    Regards
    P-Y

Comment

Originally posted by SLIM View Post
      just finnished watching all 10 episodies back to back as i recorded them ...and it runs better when watching them like that , Nowhere near enough battle scenes maybe HBO were to blame for this as they funded it and the series had to be made to their liking i suspose ??
      I agree. It went smoother when you get a chance to watch them all again back to back. The expectations after BOB made this one a hard sell. Oh well ... don't hold your breath waiting for another series like this on the PTO.

Comment

Some time has passed since the last post but still .. I feel I need to comment and give some credit to HBO.

I disagree with the negative comments on this thread and I will tell you why.

Every person (including me) really expected something similar or more of this mini series after Band of brothers, so yes the first time it was a bit of a disappointment to me because the constant introductions and endings. The constant changing of disks also makes it a bit annoying imo.

Now after a while, having seen it again I think everyone should ask him- or herself; what would you actually expect to be better?

Of course there were many more (countless) battles in the Pacific that could have been accented but that would indeed make the series a long and boring story. I mean how miserable does it have to get to be better than other films?

Unfortunately most ww2 veterans are now dead or are dying in rapid tempo. Most ww2 films were made as a memorial to them. I actually think the story on the war in the pacific and the message the WW2 veterans wanted to give us all - has succeeded in every case.

I have both mini series on DVD and now because of the historical value also recently bought the Pacific set on blue-ray.

Comment

I did not see the entire series, but did see most of it. The difference between BOB and Pacific is BOB takes place over less than a year, Pacific occurs over almost four years. Continuity will be more difficult. It's almost as if one is comparing apples an oranges. They were both good, and I think BOB tailed of near the end, while Pacific seemed t gain momentum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X