Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadliest Warrior-Waffen SS vs Viet Cong

Hello,
    I thought I had seen one of the worst documentary programs on the Waffen SS when I watched the Waffen SS story on Weaponology. Well I guess I was wrong.

I watched last night on the Spike Channel the show Deadliest Warrior and it was Waffen SS vs Viet Cong. That show was pure junk. I would like to know who the fact checker was for this program.

Errors flew right and left, such as the Viet Cong defeated the US Army (when did that happen?) or that the Waffen SS were basically the main troops that fought in the Battle of the Bulge and that is why US loses were so bad. Also the waffen SS were pure blooded Aryans (I guess they had never heard of foreign Volunteers).

The weapons they paired the Waffen-SS and Viet Cong with were a joke too. The Viet Cong was not given the AK-47 and the Waffen SS was given the MP-28. Who picked those?

Really bad and the so-called experts were idiots.

BTW, didnlt some Waffen-SS fight in real life the army of North Vietnam in the 1950's when many of these former SS men had joined the French Foreign Legion? I guess the experts missed that tidbit too.

Who else watched it?

Regards,
    Jody

D**n, I missed that one--Jody, you should have called me!
    I agree--the MP-28? That was a Sipo weapon! What about the MP-44? The MG-42? I am surprised they didn't mention the SS dagger as a "weapon."! Who makes this junk?

We all know that the "Devil's Guard" beat the Viet Minh (and later Cong) time and time again!
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I take it the W-SS whooped the VK ?????

Comment

Waffen-Ss vs Viet Cong

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
        I take it the W-SS whooped the VK ?????
        Hi Robin,
        Yes they did. The flamethrower will beat a punji stick.

Jody

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          D**n, I missed that one--Jody, you should have called me!
          I agree--the MP-28? That was a Sipo weapon! What about the MP-44? The MG-42? I am surprised they didn't mention the SS dagger as a "weapon."! Who makes this junk?

We all know that the "Devil's Guard" beat the Viet Minh (and later Cong) time and time again!
          Hi Chris,
          I did not even know it was on until 5 minutes before 10pm. I usually do not watch the Spike Channel.

I saved it on DVR. Maybe you and Patti can come over Saturday and see the waffenrock all decked out and we can grill something. It really is bad TV. It is like watching History written by junior high students and I should know a thing or two about that.

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Jody View Post
            The flamethrower will beat a punji stick.
            So................not a PC programme maker, then!

Heil flammenwerfer!

Comment

Guys ,
              I was hired to be a talking head history expert on one of their shows IRA V the Taliban and walked of set after the first day filming.
              The show is a joke , the stats are a joke , the concept is a joke , the whole thing is garbage to say the least .

owen

Comment

Waffen Ss vs Viet Cong

Hi Guys,
                Watch this to see how stupid it is.

Regards,
                Jody

http://www.spike.com/video/nazis-play-with-fire/3388422

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC61PJbitOA

Comment

What a piece of ****. Could you imagine if the VC would have tried to close the distance with an alert MG42 team? Not to mention everything else at the disposal of motorized infantry. I realize that the US also had alot of motorized units in 'Nam, but at least show the proper inventory at the WSS' disposal. I thought it was an insult to the US infantry the way the actors portayed them.

Comment

Just terrible.

-Bryant

Comment

I guess you didn't see the advertisement for the next week's installment-

Terminator Kommandos vs. Luftwaffe Helferinnen....

Comment

It was awful. Typical of the garbage Spike chooses to air on a regular basis.

Comment

That was even worse than I imagined--it makes Hogan's Heros plausible by comparison!

Whats next, H-Bomb vs Neanderthals?
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

PS: I am now going to have to watch SS-Doomtrooper: the Directors Cut to restore my sanity.
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

What the !!!!!!!!!!

Now I know why I dont bother with cable TV.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X