No announcement yet.

The pianist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on the money! Congrats.........you get a cookie!

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by Kriegrelic
    I believe he played the German lieutenant in the German production of "Stalingrad".

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42
      How about M43 cap in 1942 in "Enemy At The Gate"
      Well, I noticed that in a short scene (only one), the oak leaves of König's M.43 Jäger cap were suddenly teleported on the wrong side of the cap !
      (Energy, Mr Sulu ! )
      It lasts a few seconds, but it's obvious...

A very similar adventure occured to the edelweiss on the Bergmützen of Burton and Eastwood in "Were eagles dare" ("Quand les aigles attaquent" in french). Once on the cable car, due to the cold, they put the cap's flaps down over their ears. And guess what ? Even with the flaps down, the 2 edelweiss kept the same position on the upper left side of the cap...

But what for me really ruined a film is the tanks used in "the battle of the Bulge" : it was one of my favorite films when I was young, till I was able to recognise the type of tanks used by the germans...
      I know it's a more difficult problem to solve, but at least, they made an effort in "Saving private Ryan" or even in "Kelly's heroes" ("De l'or pour les braves"). But yes, I admit that for both films, they only needed one Tiger...

PS : Peter, I didn't notice the wrong morse code in Titanic, but I didn't like the film much either...
      Attached Files

Comment

movie

Originally posted by Edelweiss
        Well, I noticed that in a short scene (only one), the oak leaves of König's M.43 Jäger cap were suddenly teleported on the wrong side of the cap !
        (Energy, Mr Sulu ! )

A very similar adventure occured to the edelweiss on the Bergmützen of Burton and Eastwood in "Were eagles dare" ("Quand les aigles attaquent" in french). Once on the cable car, due to the cold, they put the cap's flaps down over their ears. And guess what ? Even with the flaps down, the 2 edelweiss kept the same position on the upper left side of the cap...

But what for me really ruined a film is the tanks used in "the battle of the Bulge" : it was one of my favorite films when I was young, till I was able to recognise the type of tanks used by the germans...
        I know it's a more difficult problem to solve, but at least, they made an effort in "Saving private Ryan" or even in "Kelly's heroes" ("De l'or pour les braves"). But yes, I admit that for both films, they only needed one Tiger...

PS : Peter, I didn't notice the wrong morse code in Titanic, but I didn't like the film much either...
        On the History Channel they had a series on History in the Movies or something like that and they quoted Dwight Eisenhower as saying "the Battle of The Bulge movie was the worst war film he had ever seen". A film on that epic battle needs to be remade....

Marty
        I love the beach.

Comment

The Tiger in Kelly's Heroes is actually a T-34 I believe. I'm not sure about Saving Private Ryan.

And Battle of the Bulge...well, that is probably the second worst WWII movie...after Force 10 From Navarone!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter_Suciu
            The Tiger in Kelly's Heroes is actually a T-34 I believe. I'm not sure about Saving Private Ryan.
            Yes, modified T-34s in both films. Not a bad work at all...

Comment

(Energy, Mr Sulu ! )
              Actually, by saying "How about M43 cap in 1942 in "Enemy At The Gate" I was talking about presence of German cap of 1943 Model in 1942 Stalingrad.

Comment

Originally posted by mvm71
                Right on the money! Congrats.........you get a cookie!

Thanks,
                Mike
                Thanks! Sounds yummy! Anyway, I believe the German actor's name is Thomas Kretschmann (who played the German lieutenant).

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42
                  Actually, by saying "How about M43 cap in 1942 in "Enemy At The Gate" I was talking about presence of German cap of 1943 Model in 1942 Stalingrad.
                  Well, let's give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's a M.36 Bergmütze ; as the oak leaves insigna of the Jägers was issued in late 1942, all will be OK ! Moreover, as it's an officer's cap, it can also be a private purchase...
                  (Who said that collectors are fussy about details ? )

BTW, the batle lasted till feb. 1943.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Edelweiss; 02-24-2004, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X