the pacific on hbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the pacific on hbo

anyone seen any of the trailers for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0POWk_LO9A

new miniseries out in march on hbo and sky movies. looks awaesome! about time someone had a really good go at the pacific theatre (although it only focuses on the marines as hollywood doesnt believe soldiers served in anything but the marines, airborne and rangers ).

anyone going to be tuning in then?

It looks like it will be pretty good but when the original band of brothers was on I kept missing episodes and it was much better to watch the whole thing when I got the box set. I might give this a miss when it's on tv and then pick it up when it's out to buy. I think it's much better to watch them all back to back.

Comment

I just cant wait to see it!!

Comment

The series begins on March 14th. It would appear to be primarily about the 1st Marine Division on Guadalcanal, Pelelieu, etc., since it's based upon books by Robert Leckie and Eugene Sledge, both 1st Marine Div. veterans. Looks to also have a major story line regarding Sgt. John Basilone, an MOH winner on Guadalcanal, later KIA on Iwo Jima. Thus, I believe Iwo is also covered.
        If it's anything close to "Band of Brothers", it will be great. To me, the 1st Marine Div. was best U.S. division of the war.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X