Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproduction Recognition Book

Hi,
    The above book by Fred Stephens keeps appearing on E-bay for vast amounts of money and gets sold,last one for over $800 whats going on?
    All the best Merdock

Repo, recog

I think it's summer madness... The heat or something...

Kris.

Comment

The book is hard to come by, but I agree that $800.00 plus is a bit steep! Tom Johnson had a copy of the first edition (1976) for $195.00 and two copies of the second edition (1981) for $275 and $295 on his last list and may still have them. I can't imagine a reference library without a copy of at least the second edition, (but then I bought mine for the cover price whan they were newly released!) but a lot has happened in the last 22 years that, naturally, the book doesn't cover. As a result, the Internet forums are generally a much better source of information on reproduction, parts and altered daggers.

If you're serious about a copy, get in touch with either Tom Johnson, Tom Wittmann or Gailen David and I'm sure you can get a copy for a much more reasonable price that you can on e-bay.

Happy hunting!
      Skip

Comment

Hi Skipper,
        i do not need a copy for i got one when they were first publised i was just surprised that they were going for so much ,it's not that good a book anyway.
        All the best Merdock

Comment

800 dollars is ridiculous...that seller was very fortunate...you see these at shows from time to time, my friend was lucky and scored one recently for 50 dollars, but I agree the usual price is in the 100 dollar range if you are patient...if you are not patient then you can go to one of the big boys and pay the big boy price, John

Comment

I agree 800 dollars is CRAZY! However, for someone who can't wait and needs to start collecting now, I think it is a wise investment. Much has changed since then but as a basic "backbone" this book will save people a lot of money!
            My 2 pesos,
            Bob
            www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X