No announcement yet.

An Afrika Korps Sketch book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he is a great father, as for fathers day I made him a Card with my own words. I think he'll like it .
    The reason I didnt get a big present is obvious, I dont have that much money, and when I do get money it is for German stuff.
    Thanks ALLOT!!!

Comment

Does anyone know anything else about this or how much its worth?
      Thanks ALLOT!!!

Comment

Hi Tyler, Briefly, in the foreword the Oberst talks about how although many people brought cameras and took pictures in the crossing from Italy to North Africa they couldn't have guessed that one soldier in the Afrika Korps packed his pencils and sketchbook, but one did. His name was Obergefreiter Herbert Sommer and he was part of a Panzer Recon section. The Oberst goes on to say that he was impressed that despite all the fighting, artillery barrages, heat and duststorms, Sommer still had the patience and inclination to capture the nature scenes of the theatre of operations in his sketchbook.
        I don't know how much this book is worth money wise, but to me it would seem that the published wartime sketches of an Afrika Korps soldier would be pretty rare and unique. I bet a couple laser enlargements of the pictures, framed on a wall would look pretty neat. Cheers, CB.

Comment

Thanks ALLOT!!!
          I bet a couple laser enlargements of the pictures, framed on a wall would look pretty neat
          I didnt think of that I might just have to do this
          Yes there is one drawing I would love to be framed
          Thanks ALLOT!!!

Comment

Tyler, let us know how it turns out. Cheers, CB.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X