Stormtroops Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stormtroops Book

Has anyone else on the forum seen a copy of this book: "Deutsche Sturmtruppen" by Jean Larcade. I got a copy last year and was quite impressed. It's 140 pages with 200+ photos, French text. There are some colour shots of surviving items -not as many tunics as I'd hoped for, but lots of equipment, grenades, fighting knives, etc. The real value for me was in the WWI shots of groups of stormtroopers -the book managed to avoid rehashing all the old Sedan training shots that we've all got used to, and has thrown up some real gems, including a photo of a member of Sturm Battalion Rohr wearing this units unique arm badge, a crowned "W" on a field-grey oval -no, I'd never seen, or heard, of that one either! It's not for everyone, but if you're into assault troops or field-grey uniforms in general, then it's worth it for the contemporary photos alone. What did other forum members who've seen the book think of it? Regards, Paul.

I think it's a great book with lots of info I didn't know before. I heard it was sold out and no copies available any more...

Jan

Comment

Hi
      This book is reprinted and avalaible at this address:
      A&C
      19 rue de la République
      75011 Paris
      France

Price: 34 € + Port 6,25 €

jacques

Comment

Larcade Book

For UK members, Helion Books -www.helion.co.uk- have copies available at £35, not cheap for a softback, but worth every penny in my opinion. Larcade has published a series on French colonial units in this format, so hopefully this is the first of many on an Imperial German theme. Where's that French dictionary....

Comment

some other great Sturmtruppen books are:

EYE DEAP IN HELL, trench warfare in World War 1
          by ELLIS

STORM OF STEEL, Outstanding book!!!

THE GERMAN A7V TANK AND THE CAPTURED BRITSH MARK IV TANKS OF WORLD WAR I
          by Maxwell Hundleby & Rainer Strasheim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X