1936 book on Adolph Hitler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1936 book on Adolph Hitler

Hi Guys, I just came across a book that is titled "Adolph Hitler". It is a hard back that is colored orange. On the spine it also has the title and the number "15" on it. It is copyright 1936 by "Cigaretten Bilderdienst Hamburg=Bahrenfeld." The pictures inside have all been stuck in with glue above the captions. It is all in German. The pictures are all larger pics. Is this a tobbacco card collection book? The inside first page has a portrait of Hitler with his signature below the portrait. Seems to be a forward by Herman Goring as well. Thanks for any insight to this that you may provide.

Hi Sparky, You are correct in assuming this is one of the many cigarette books issued during the prewar and early war years. This one retails for about $80 to $100 US when complete and in reasonable shape.
    Richard V

Comment

Thanks Richard, The guy that owns it seems to think that it is worth a small fortune! Many thanks to the Antique Roadshow for making the unkowledgable public think that everything they own is worth a gold mine! I go through this time to time. Guys with EK2's who want $500 for them. Then when you tell them what the going price is they think that you are out to rip them off!

Comment

here is a fully translated copy for only 20.00!!
        i managed to get a few of these, it is an awesome book...many Hoffmann photos.
        if interested you can get them direct from me or through ebay. below is listed the ebay item number.....my handle on ebay is bmike3
        mike

HITLER AS PACKAGED BY GOEBBELS REPRINT 1936

Comment

Sparky, you can occasionally see these pop up on Ebay. I got one that way that was complete with all pictures for $50 including postage from Germany. It just takes a little patience and looking and you should be able to come across this or some of the others that were produced for a reasonable price. Good luck in the hunt!
          Richard V

Comment

Prices on these were wacky even before the Roadshow. Fifteen years ago I was offered one for $2000 because the owner was convinced the color repros of Hitler's watercolors in the book were originals.

One aspect of this volume is legitimately scarce; only 1 in a 100 will have the original dustjacket.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X