Battlefield 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 2

OK the game is out, and after finally spending some time with it last night I have to say it is on my short list for game of the year. I can't think of anything I've played in a long time that I enjoyed this much.

In fact...I'm going to be playing tonight. If anyone else is online maybe we can meet up and show the other players how it should be done!

What are you system specs?

Comment

Peter,

How does it compare vs other FPS out there? I have heard some great things, but I have also heard it is very "arcade" in its feel. The one thing I remember the guys I game with in Planetside saying is that you cant hit very much with the SAW, even if prone. Any views?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Liontas
        How does it compare vs other FPS out there? I have heard some great things, but I have also heard it is very "arcade" in its feel. The one thing I remember the guys I game with in Planetside saying is that you cant hit very much with the SAW, even if prone. Any views?
        I don't want to say it is very "arcade," instead I'd say it is more "cinematic." It is an over the top kind of game.

My system specs:
        Alienware Area 51, 3.0mhz, 1GB of RAM, GeForce 256MB video card

Comment

I am having a ball with this game too. It's an EA game so it's appeal is to the mainstream, but it doesn't detract from the gameplay. In single-play all the bots have clearly occidental names, you can't customize your player other then 'kit type' but it's a start>frag>have fun game.

There's plenty of action and when a good server is found with good players....oh boy. I was playing last night on the city map, lots of choke points being contested and a medic from outerspace! Too bad the server/game crashed and I lost all my ranking points from that session. There are many complaints about crash-to-desktop bugs, and hopefully a patch will release soon. Also the game won't run on 'older' generation NVIDIA cards (GeForce4) but there is an unsupported patch out there.

Comment

I'm hoping to play this game on ps2 (if it's released on this system) I love PC games but am sick and tired of upgrading all of the time to play a game!!
            Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Sean.E
              I'm hoping to play this game on ps2 (if it's released on this system) I love PC games but am sick and tired of upgrading all of the time to play a game!!
              Sean
              Battlefield Modern Combat will be out later this year. It is a bit different but still looks awesome! It also has a robust single player mode.

Comment

wait guys will join You... I got game already.. but its not supporting my GF 4600T .. damnit....

I will be going to new video.. 2G RAM... and 64bit athlon soon (next week).... - so then we will rock

this game needs a fast PC.. damnit.... my last configuration was great for BF42 .... desertcombat... forgotten hope.... but BF2 just killed my PC

Comment

Awesome! Although I truly love WW2 games its nice to play modern combat as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean.E
                    Awesome! Although I truly love WW2 games its nice to play modern combat as well!
                    I'm betting we'll see some interesting mods for this...although I guess there won't be the same level of strategic commander. I love that part of the game!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the PS3 as well, aas long as I wont need a bank loan to buy the system
                      Sean

Comment

It's good to hear collectors that are into videogames, I feel it helps give exposure to various historical events and garners the publics interest!
                        It would be cool to have a seperate section just for videogames! Maybe I'm just dreamin!
                        Sean

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X