Ronald L Chapman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronald L Chapman

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Ronald L Chapman, also known as user Ron C. on this forum. He joined the WAF 25 October 2005. Ronald passed away on 30 June 2018.

WAF user account background: Former JAGC Officer 8th ID, Bad Keuznach, W. Germany, Former Prosecutor, Former EM 101st ABN. As of July 31, 2009, Retired U.S. Administrative Law Judge.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ber.php?u=8981

Collecting interests: Former military collector, quit actually in the late 1970s

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Ron was a proud American, a paratrooper. a lawyer, and a Judge, a very knowledgeable man and ready to help in any way he could , I live in England and never met Ron but his emails are a real story of American life from the 1930s until today, Ron always answered my questions sent photographs of his family and farm from the war years, he had a full life. Im glad I knew him.
    I will miss his funny and not so funny emails.
    My thought are with his family
    RIP Ronald L Chapman a real gentleman of the old school.
    Last edited by Phronsias; 07-06-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I echo the above sentiments: Ron was one of the nicest people I have met on WAF, always willing to answer questions and converse via emails. And, he was more than generous with pictures (and stories) of his collection over the years.

Requiescat in pace, Ron.

Comment

Very sad news indeed.
        Never met him, but had to chance to exchange some messages and other interactions here at the forum.
        RIP.

Comment

His name sounds familiar to me...we may have corresponded over these last decades. Does anyone know what areas his collecting focused upon?

It is a great sadness when any long-time collector meets his/her maker. They take with them a lifetime of knowledge and experience, as well as the possibility of adding further depth to this wonderful hobby among the rest of us. May Ron C. rest in peace and rise in glory!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X