Jerry Mestas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry Mestas

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Association member Jerry Mestas and his user name on this forum is Jerry. Jerry has recently passed away. Jerry had been a member of this forum since 30 July 2001.

WAF user account background: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/member.php?u=739

Known background of collector: A long time helmet collector and Viet-Nam vet

Collecting interests: helmet collector.

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership:
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Jerry M.

Jerry was a good friend and very well-versed and respected helmet collector . R.I.P.

Comment

I had few times chat with Jerry.. very serious collector and good guy. RIP

Comment

I don't recall having any conversations or note exchanges with Jerry Mestas during my time here, but I see that he was a WAF member since 07-30-2001 and that alone garners respect from me, and I hope from others among us as well. From the introduction by Ralph P. I see that Jerry was a helmet collector, and that may well be the major reason why our paths never crossed; while I have a few helmets in my collection, it is not an area which has attracted my attention on a regular basis but, that said, I have no doubt that he enjoyed his relationship with other members of WAF and that we are all saddened and diminished by his passing from among us.

Thank you for your presence here and willingness to share with us, Jerry. Now, rest in a well-deserved peace.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X