Bernhard H. Holst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernhard H. Holst

With great sadness I heard today that Bernhard Holts (screen name bhholts) has passed at the age of 86.
    Whoever knew Bernhard could not but acknowledge that he was a gentleman and a great historian. He was always helpfull and is a loss for the forum, which he joined in April 2001 as one of the earlies members.

We will miss him and I will keep him in mind as the very nice person and friend he was.

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Thanks for sharing, Dietrich. Bernhard was indeed a gentleman and VERY knowledgeable historian. He was a great help to me in the past and recently responded that his health was failing and that he could no longer be of assistance. The hobby just lost a great member and contributor.

My thoughts are with him and his family!

Brian

Comment

Very interesting guy with many different life experiences to talk about. He was in the Jungvolk then later in Indo-China with the French foreign legion.

He was an avid collector.

Everyone that knew him liked him and I am happy to have considered him a friend. I will miss him...

Tom

Comment

Bernhard was a gentleman and a scholar. I will miss him.

Erich

Comment

Bob Thompson introduced him to me over 20 years ago and I considered him a friend and a store house of great information. We did business and I really enjoyed talking with him. I knew from Bob that he was not well and really missed him at the shows. RIP

Comment

It really saddens me to find out by accident that Mr. Bernhardt H. Holst
            passed away.

We became acquainted quite well about twenty years ago by the way
            of Feldgrau.

He shared bits of his life and family.

Friendly and helpful and someone with great manners and class.

Sorry to hear.

Has anyone contacted his wife?

Comment

I have only just seen this, I did not know

R.I.P. Bernhard
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X