Eugene Asafov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eugene Asafov

Name of WAF collector, membership level and known as on the WAF: Eugene Asafov from Staraya Russia, he was also known as user Spin9977. Eugene was a forum sponsor on the WAF and had joined the forum on January 2005.

WAF user account background: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ber.php?u=6341

Collecting interests: TR relic stuff and digging sites.

Articles, books published or other achievements:

Comments from fellow WAF forum membership (sampling from thread):
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=857067
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=857065
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=7371052
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

R.I.P. my dear Friend.....will never forget the time spent together.

Comment

I knew Spin in 2002.
      I was still a student and he already had a Website, Demjansk battlefield.
      I am very grateful to him as he allowed to build a very nice relic helmet collection, at a price that I could afford as a student. I could even earn some extra money reselling something extras I got from him, and this was also very helpful at that time, when I didn't have any job.
      Moreover, he gave me the chance to learn a lot about german helmets, handling the many genuine and untouched wartime pieces of all kinds he sent me in the years.
      I am sure that as me he helped many other young collectors to grow up, altough he was very young as well.
      The news of his death was terrible and unexpected. I feel very sorry.
      This is a big loss.

Rest in peace, Spin!

Comment

Rest in Peace Spin.

Comment

Good bye Eugene

Eugene was a very good friend of mine I visited him many times, we had many adventures. See you in Valhalla my friend.

Comment

RIP Eugene. Thank's for all your helmets that you sold to me.

Comment

Eugene

Hello to all people, I know Eugene for about 15 years, bought some of your items, we became friends, and he came to see me twice and stay at my house last year last time, we did great walks, he told me his story life and I even ... now over, I very sad about his death so quickly, forever I remember my friend. Eugene rest in peace!

Comment

Rip

Comment

Shocking news

Shocking News, R.I.P. my friend.
                  Anyone Knies what happened? Illness, accident?
                  Strength and Honour
                  http://standwheretheyfought.jimdo.com/

Comment

Proud to call Eugene a friend and fellow historical enthusiast. So sad to hear that he had succumbed after having a stroke. Rest easy my friend and enjoy hunting those forgotten places, where you were at peace with the world.

Simon.

Comment

Hello,
                      I am rui and i am a forum member since 2004. Spin and i became friends because almost everyone passion in this forum - German Helmets. He had a site and when i began these fantastic hobbie i bought some helmets from him. With time, we became good friends and he visit me in portugal. Eugene stay in my house with 3 of my children and we stay in touch. Sundenly, he stop writing.

Very sad.

rip Eugene.

Comment

Never met the man, but took great interest in reading of his digging adventures and looked forwards to his regular updates! Rest in peace.

Comment

I knew him, RIP Eugene.

Regards
                          brus

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Almost 2 years now wow. Good guy and honest, you can see it in his face.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X