No announcement yet.

Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin - Messerschmitt Bf 110 F-2; Werk Nr. 5052

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woops, didn't include the photo of the FW 200 instrument panel... Here it is...

and a couple more from the wrecked 200...

Bob
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Lyons View Post
      Woops, didn't include the photo of the FW 200 instrument panel... Here it is...

and a couple more from the wrecked 200...Bob
      Bob, was there any indication of the exact aircraft these pieces came from?

I don't remember seeing any Focke Wulf Fw 200 'Condor' pieces before this.

Regards Richard.
      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post
        Bob, was there any indication of the exact aircraft these pieces came from?

I don't remember seeing any Focke Wulf Fw 200 'Condor' pieces before this.

Regards Richard.
        Hi Richard,

No other info on the FW 200 remains that I noticed, just the wheels and the
        instrument panel, and stating that it was in the process of being recovered and
        restored.... I would love to find out more too....

Best wishes

Bob

Comment

FW 200 restoration

https://fw200-restaurierung-bremen.de/

Comment

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

I really hope they don't restore the Stuka wreck, that happens too often in my opinion and they're never as interesting afterwards.

And besides, there will soon be an airworthy Ju87
            https://flyingheritage.org/Explore/T...R-4-Stuka.aspx

I saw a youtube video a while back where the curator of this museum talked about relic exhibits being the most popular with visitors so it makes one wonder why so many museums insist on restoring them?

Comment

Great photos, I had a good look around there last year when we were in Berlin.
              It's a must see for any Luftwaffe fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Lyons View Post
                Some more photos from our visit...

Best wishes

Bob
                Interesting.....similar photos I took a few months ago when I was there....since I have bought a group to a member of 13/J.G. 5 and the photo shown is in a photo album I have, however I thought it was LN+NR, but unfortunately it is LN+MR

/Ian
                Attached Files
                Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Great photo Ian, I don't know why they have their aircraft display on the top floor,
                  and with no lift to access the area it is a bit of a pain for those with disabilities
                  it is a challenge. Other than their spot on the top floor it is a great exhibition,
                  and I think I have read that there are only 3 complete Bf 110's left in the entire
                  world. (nightfighter in the IWM, the one in Berlin, and I am not sure where the
                  other one is located).

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

There are a couple of lifts if I remember correctly to access all floors.

I couldn't remember where I had posted this, thought it was on Facebook , however I looked into it a bit more and there are kills on the tail of LN+MR apparently this was Oberfeldwebel Theodor Weissenberger's EL aircraft.

/Ian
                    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks Ian...

Cheers

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X