Massacre in galicia information 1943-44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massacre in galicia information 1943-44

Hi all. I would like to know more about this period in Galicia and the huge massacre that took place against the polish occupants. Any good sources and any other information would be most welcome. Reason is that a relative of one that escaped has so many questions and finding it very difficult to source good comprehensive information. Iwiw region would be very interesting

I would suggest to contact Polish IPN

https://ipn.gov.pl/pl/archiw/archiwa...590,Wolyn.html

Comment

Thankyou I will pass this link forward
      Very appreciated

Comment

There is a lot of literature on this subject, most of it published in the last few years but unfortunately for you most of it in Polish. I also think that IPN is the best place to ask. They should answer you in English, but if there is any language problem contact me via PM and I will help.

However, I`m not sure if person you write about will be happy from the findings - this story, which was not widely known even in Poland till the beginning of 2000s, is one of the most brutal and gruesome events in human history and the ways of killing Polish inhabitants could not be compared to anything. I mean its not even easy to read about it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X