ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D-Day 75th Anniversary Celebrations in Normandy - June 2019, who's going???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Thanks for the flyer Eduardo. I look forward to seeing all those Harleys, but I guess they would not let me bring my German Zündapp KS600 motorcycle there would they.

Comment

Hola Eduardo! Como esta usted? Cerveza's por favor! Instead of Cinco De Mayo lets do Seis De Junio 2019! See Ya in Normandy!!

Chris & Chad, stoked to hear your both Normandy bound also!

John, I've heard of reenactments with a purse(I mean satchel) but wearing that would make for the "Longest Day"

My son Vince and I are counting the days!
        Everybody take care,
        Frank

Comment

Hola Frank, I'm looking forward for those beers ... happy to see you and John again mate, hope that we can share many intresting moments in Normandy, just 133 days to star the travel from Madrid

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Pacheco View Post
            Hola Eduardo! Como esta usted? Cerveza's por favor! Instead of Cinco De Mayo lets do Seis De Junio 2019! See Ya in Normandy!!

Chris & Chad, stoked to hear your both Normandy bound also!

John, I've heard of reenactments with a purse(I mean satchel) but wearing that would make for the "Longest Day"

My son Vince and I are counting the days!
            Everybody take care,
            Frank
            Hey Frank,

So excited to be going and I cannot wait to have some beers with you and Vince!

Chris

Comment

Hello everyone,

I will be going to the 75th anniversary celebration...and it's my first time to visit Europe so i am very excited.

I have read the longest day but i want to ask the group this:
              Which book, in your opinion, do you consider the definitive book on the D-Day invasion?

Thanks!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Pacheco View Post
                Hola Eduardo! Como esta usted? Cerveza's por favor! Instead of Cinco De Mayo lets do Seis De Junio 2019! See Ya in Normandy!!Frank
                Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                Hola Frank, I'm looking forward for those beers
                Originally posted by Christopher G. View Post
                Hey Frank, I cannot wait to have some beers with you and Vince! Chris
                Hey Guys, Beers were great when we were at the SoS, but in Normandy, we should drink Calvados like all the US Airborne guys did during the war!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by WWIIBuff; 01-18-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oboe885 View Post
                  Which book, in your opinion, do you consider the definitive book on the D-Day invasion?
                  Thanks!
                  Dave
                  Glad you'll be going Dave, it will be the experience of a lifetime. Are you going with a tour group, or friends, or?

Regarding the book, are you looking for something that covers every aspect of Operation Overlord? Also do you want something from the Allied perspective, or German?

If you are looking for a book about the key sites to visit on your trip, I found this book to be a wonderful reference:
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by WWIIBuff; 01-18-2019, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
                    Hey Guys, Beers were great when we were at the SoS, but in Normandy, we should drink Calvados like all the US Airborne guys did during the war!
                    John that sounds like a great idea...I do love myself some apple brandy and most other booze for that matter.

Cant wait to meet some of our European friends as well.

This is going to be an epic trip that I am so happy to share with like minded friends as well. I just cannot wait...

Me and my unnamed friend have booked our flight as well.

Chris G.
                    Last edited by Christopher G.; 01-19-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher G. View Post
                      My flight and my unnamed friend have booked our flight as well.

Chris G.

Are you guys going to do the Paris museum and Vimouthier's Tiger with us as well?

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
                        Are you guys going to do the Paris museum and Vimouthier's Tiger with us as well?
                        Absolutely! My unnamed friend and I will be in Paris...10 minutes walking distance from the Eiffel Tower and the Military Museum. We would love to see the tiger as well. I have actually never seen a tiger in real life. I have seen and been inside just about all others but never the tiger 1. It will be fantastic!

Chris G.

Comment

Attached Files

Regards
                          Eduardo

Comment

Thanks Eduardo. That camp is a place I wanted to visit in 2014 as well, but never got there. I hope to make it this time.

Comment

2 p.m. and 5 p.m. ( except the 10st) : Crisbecq Attack. Reenactment of the german gun battery storming.
                              Attached Files

Regards
                              Eduardo

Comment

Hi,
                                I am going over for 10 days with the jeep staying just south of Carentan so wil be doing the rounds ..lol
                                cheers
                                Ashley

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X