Best Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover

I will soon be getting a refurbished M42 SS helmet and want to get a decent reproduction helmet cover for it. The shell is a 64 and is original German and not a replica. I see that there are a lot offered on the net and it looks to me that At The Front has the best one as far as accuracy. Also would like to know which pattern was used most, Oak, Plane Tree, Blurred? Thanks for any input.

Originally posted by Waldmurmeltier View Post
    I will soon be getting a refurbished M42 SS helmet and want to get a decent reproduction helmet cover for it. The shell is a 64 and is original German and not a replica. I see that there are a lot offered on the net and it looks to me that At The Front has the best one as far as accuracy. Also would like to know which pattern was used most, Oak, Plane Tree, Blurred? Thanks for any input.

Id go with At the Front, he has all new runs of camo fabric and I think they look nice..I'd vote for blurred edge or planetree/overprint

Comment

Foe me it would be plane tree or m43 overprint, if they have any stock.

Jon

Comment

Thank you both so very much. Think I will go with the plain tree from At The Front. Bought a few things from At The Front before and found that his items a pretty good quality.

Comment

SM wholesale are still no one for ss camo, only problem is trying to buy the stuff.

Comment

Ask Lorenzo for a fake helmet cover.

Comment

I bought a section of repro waffen ss pattern fabric from At The Front to use for a display. It was good quality, the patterns looked good, and I had no complaints.

Comment

If you want SM whole sale stuff just buy it from SM whole sale, I ordered some bits on a Sunday it was here by Friday but usually takes about 2 weeks. I have noticed though, that along with his new web site his shipping prices have increased. I have bought from ATF and SM, I have been happy with both but some of the stuff coming out of ATF at the moment is, in my unhumble opinion, the dogs dangly bits.

Jon

Comment

I bought a Waffen SS camo smock for a friend for his birthday from SM and he was very happy with it. Recently bough a Waffen SS combat uniform from At The Front and paid to have the sleeve eagle and collar tabs sewn on. While I was happy with the uniform, I was not with the insignia. Eagle looks too small and the collar tabs did not have backing like I expected and both look very cheap. Will be replacing them with better insignia when I find some.

Comment

Best reproduciton is old czech plane tree - hand screened

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X