Movie Props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertmountford View Post
    I love good movie props. I dont have Jurgen Prochnows cap but I do have the Admirals cap used at some point in Das Boot, I have a very good friend who works for 'Theater Kunst Berlin' a very old and famous supplier who did all of the uniforms for D.B. Also have the two A.H. tunics one used by Bruno Ganz in Untergang, and the other worn by Tobias Moretti as A.H. in 'Speer und Er'.
    (Speer and Him). That one is absolutely faultless and so much better than the 'Heroes' tunic made for Ganz, which appeared more like a great coat in cut.
    Also now have the visor cap. Used to have Peter O' Tooles and Donald Pleasences generals breeches from 'Night Of The Generals'. All good fun...
    Here are some more photos from Robert of great theatrical pieces.
    Attached Files

Comment

Another.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Leroy; 05-02-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Another
        Attached Files

Comment

Last
          Attached Files

Comment

I got in on that mgm sale, and threw away a few of the eaglers like posted . I had some real tunics that were re worked out of the lot, so they did use real stuff, and fake as a mixture .

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
              Another.
              WOW...I must say that apart from the fibre visor and it's color this prop A.H. wartime visor hat have to be one of the best props I have seen for this particular item.....note how they replicate the distintive gold "rope type" piping on this one and the directly applied cockade and metal combo and the insignia lacks that "radioactive gold" bullion tone found most of the times on these movie props.

Quite nice Movie memorabilia items, they look of very high quality also(A.H. set) so there a big plus going for this apart of it's movie conecction!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Federico Perez View Post
                WOW...I must say that apart from the fibre visor and it's color this prop A.H. wartime visor hat have to be one of the best props I have seen for this particular item.....note how they replicate the distintive gold "rope type" piping on this one and the directly applied cockade and metal combo and the insignia lacks that "radioactive gold" bullion tone found most of the times on these movie props.

Quite nice Movie memorabilia items, they look of very high quality also(A.H. set) so there a big plus going for this apart of it's movie conecction!!!
                not fibre, highly polished brown stiff leather as per original. The SS was used by M. Schell in Bridge Too far as OBGF Bittrich

Comment

not fibre, highly polished brown stiff leather as per original. The SS was used by M. Schell in Bridge Too far as OBGF Bittrich

If that the case, even better....I must say that in my very personal opinion the look and detail of that A.H. prop visor hat looks superb and I like it very much. Thanks for sharring these, is quite interesting to see the items used in movies assosiated in the historical period we all study but also used by some of the great actors/interpretations of the golden screen.

Comment

Theater Kunst Berlin ???

I love good movie props. ...I have a very good friend who works for
                    'Theater Kunst Berlin' a very old and famous supplier ...All good fun...
                    RM:
                    Do you know if the cited 'Theater Kunst Berlin' is or once was called
                    'Theaterkunst Herman J. Kaufmann' of Berlin N.54? I'm interested as
                    I have in my collection several 1922 Berlin made Roman Army Standards
                    used in several MGM movies including 'Ben-Hur' 1925 & the 1959 remake,
                    all from the famous Culver City 1970 MGM Studio Property Auction.

sigpic
                    .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Originally posted by Federico Perez View Post
                      If that the case, even better....I must say that in my very personal opinion the look and detail of that A.H. prop visor hat looks superb and I like it very much. Thanks for sharring these, is quite interesting to see the items used in movies assosiated in the historical period we all study but also used by some of the great actors/interpretations of the golden screen.
                      Pleasure.
                      On the subject of the actors themselves, its a little known fact (until now) that B. Ganz has / had a lovely Munich flat.................at Prinzregentstrasse.

Comment

Originally posted by oldflagswanted View Post
                        RM:
                        Do you know if the cited 'Theater Kunst Berlin' is or once was called
                        'Theaterkunst Herman J. Kaufmann' of Berlin N.54? I'm interested as
                        I have in my collection several 1922 Berlin made Roman Army Standards
                        used in several MGM movies including 'Ben-Hur' 1925 & the 1959 remake,
                        all from the famous Culver City 1970 MGM Studio Property Auction.

The very same.

Comment

Here's a British para helmet movie prop currently for sale on ebay. Looks the same as the one's posted earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW2-BRITISH-PA...99586975845373

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X