C.F.B. Borden's Goodies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics

Hi Chris, these photos are great. I had heard of the museum before, but I did not realise that they had a Panther . It would be nice to see all these WW2 exhibits indoors and painted in the correct colours, but like all museums I realise that money will be short.
    If you go back another day and the museum proper is open, I would love to see what they have indoors.
    Hope you have warmed up!
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Adrian,

Of course! I would have loved to see what they had in store there as well. From what I hear they have a lot of small arms and some guns from a bf-110. I can't confirm obviously, as that would have been trespassing! Bad thing to do on a military base.

The painting of the vehicles is a bit of a drag - but I still can't complain, at least they had them!

Thanks for the compliments Adrian and Geoff!

Comment

Wow! That cool pics!

Really like them, mmm, snowy panther

The distance pic of the sherman, man that was great!!

Comment

Chris,
          Thanks for taking the time to post the photos, I really enjoyed them.
          "Great hunter yes! great fisherman yes! fine figure of a man yes! that is all you need to know" Jeremiah Johnson.

Comment

Nice Pictures

Hey, appreciate the pictures. We've been lucky here, not much snow.

Merry Xmas & Good Year collecting

Comment

Lord Strathconas Edmonton

Lord Strathconas

Comment

Lord Strathconas in Edmonton

Comment

Lord Strathcona's Edmonton

Comment

Great pics Chris and Ed.

Wow I never realized theat the CFB in Ontario had such awesome pieces of German WWII equip.

The museum of the Regiments in Calgary has a nice display of Allied armor. Next time I'm by there I'll take some pics and post then on the forum.

It's always amazing when you stand right beside this stuff vs. viewing pictures in books.

Al R.

Comment

Bugger that looks cold! Excellent shots by the way - very evocative. That Panther just needed a few panzergrenadiers wrapped in bedsheets to set it off. It's a pity the allies didn't have Centurions instead of Shermans - things might have ended a little quicker. I wonder just how many Panthers are left dotted about the world?

Comment

Tank Story

Tank Story

Comment

Borden

Hello Chris,

Just so you know there is a reenactor club there (not physically there but one that show's up every once in a while) Canadian PPCLI versus Wiking 5thSS. The Hetzer is being rebuilt, and made into working order. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't helped them with it, but hopefully funds and time will give me an opportunity to start going again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X