AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Then and Now: 10 June 1944...Oradour-sur-Glane/My Visit .

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting Paul, some excellent images. I visited there in the late 1960's on the way back to England from a couple of years in South Africa. I read about Oradour in the Cape Times and planned my return home to make sure I went there. An unforgettable experience, as I know you found it to be. Thank you for sharing, regards, Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by seebee1 View Post
      Very interesting Paul, some excellent images. I visited there in the late 1960's on the way back to England from a couple of years in South Africa. I read about Oradour in the Cape Times and planned my return home to make sure I went there. An unforgettable experience, as I know you found it to be. Thank you for sharing, regards, Clive.
      Hi Clive, yes an unforgettable experience i have to say and out all the battlefield areas i visted none stood out like this one !! take care,Paul.

Comment

btt

Great photos, I had no idea how big the town was.

Comment

just been looking at these pics, its like time has stood still. you've captured the atmosphere of the place really well, like you said much better without the tourists. great stuff, thanks for posting them, really enjoyed looking!!
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys ,much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Paul for a nicely presented thread. I have yet to vist the site and it is certainly on my "to do" list.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thank you Ade !! you certainly wont be dissapointed when you visit this amazing area.

Comment

fine photography...for me the length of shadow from those telegraph poles were striking, poetic...thanks for this exhibition.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Paul, the "then and now" in several of the photo's is a nice touch.

Like Ade, Oradour is also on my list to go in the hopefully not too distant future!

Regards

Ian

Comment

Whilst in Montpellier last week I visited a Resistance Museum and noticed a couple of Oradour images, taken not long after the massacre. My copies are not too good, but give a feel for how it was at the time. Clive.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Image 2
                        Attached Files

Comment

Image 3
                          Attached Files

Comment

Image 4
                            Attached Files

Comment

Image 5 - Final
                              Attached Files

Comment

Extremely atmospheric photographs indeed.

Regards Richard.
                                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X