Nazi Leaders Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazi Leaders Grouping

I know this sounds naive but here Is the story . Many years ago I acquired a grouping of unquestionably real WWII German Items that Included some nice pieces . I paid next to nothing for the group . The guy I got It from didn't know much about any of the Items , but said the grouping was brought back by a WWII vet . Among the Items was a small box of scrap tile . He said the vet told him he liberated these scraps from Nazi leaders homes , I think he said around the Berchestgarten area , but I was more focused on the other stuff at the time and didn't give It much thought . Ive had this stuff kicking around for years , I hate to toss It If theyres any possibility It could be true . A few have names on them , Goering and Borman , most are unmarked . My question Is , any of you guys recognize any of these scraps as being from these Nazi leaders homes , or should I just toss them ? Im not sure this Is the correct section , but any Input would be appreciated
    Attached Files

Uau! That's a big challenge! I can't help unfortunatelly.

Comment

I believe that it is very likely these ceramic shreds and other items did come from the houses that were around Berchestgarten. I have no proof of this of course.. The proof may well lie with the veteran who I presume has since passed, but information about what unit the veteran may have been in could at least confirm they may have been in the area of B-garten.

Given the grouping has shreds from reportedly those officials that we know had homes there,, it is possible..

Nice and interesting grouping, if provenance can be established.. There must be some wartime pictures of the interior of the homes that may reveal more information....

Leigh

but as we all know.. "buy the item not the story"....

Comment

What outfit was the vet with? If the unit passed through the area I think it’s safe to say the story would add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunatly I don't recall him saying which outfit the guy was In . I believe It was the 101st that moped up bertchesgarten , correct ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X