X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 washing cleaning?

Hi everybody I have bought an m43 Fieldcap .This fieldcap is very dirty
    has anyone ever washed cleaned this sort of cap? It is not dust it is just
    like an braun,blackish surface well its just dirty .What would be the best way of washing?

DONT do it.......better to leave as it is.

Any pictures?
    Last edited by Daniel.S; 06-11-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

an picture from the top
      Attached Files

Comment

I actually cant see anything there, on this pic it doesnt even looks dirty.

Comment

I've washed several dirty fieldcaps and tunics.
          Just do NOT use hot water.
          Fill the sink or bath with luke warm water, add just a few drops of Woolite or shampoo.
          Put the cap in and swirl the water around by hand for a few minutes, do NOT rub the fabric.
          Leave it to soak for an hour or two and then take it out.
          Drain the dirty water and then fill it again with clean luke warm water.
          Place the cap in and repeat the swirling to get the woolite out. If your bath has a shower attachment, you can use that to gently rinse it as well.
          Take the cap out and just hold it in your hands until most of the water has drained out. Do NOT squeeze or twist it to get the water out.
          Take an old cotton T-shirt and stuff it inside the cap so that it keeps the shape of the cap secure.
          If you have a display head, you can place the cap on that.
          Now just let the cap air dry. It will take days so don't be tempted to speed things up with a hair dryer!
          Last edited by BenVK; 06-12-2015, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
            I've washed several dirty fieldcaps and tunics.
            Just do NOT use hot water.
            Fill the sink or bath with luke warm water, add just a few drops of Woolite or shampoo.
            Put the cap in and swirl the water around by hand for a few minutes, do NOT rub the fabric.
            Leave it to soak for an hour or two and then take it out.
            Drain the dirty water and then fill it again with clean luke warm water.
            Place the cap in and repeat the swirling to get the woolite out. If your bath has a shower attachment, you can use that to gently rinse it as well.
            Take the cap out and just hold it in your hands until most of the water has drained out. Do NOT squeeze or twist it to get the water out.
            Take an old cotton T-shirt and stuff it inside the cap so that it keeps the shape of the cap secure.
            If you have a display head, you can place the cap on that.
            Now just let the cap air dry. It will take days so don't be tempted to speed things up with a hair dryer!

I've used the same method with good results. Remember use Woolite. Do not use any soap with phosphates.

Good luck.

Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X