German cigarettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German cigarettes

I have just acquired this packet of cigarettes, what is the best way of keeping them preserved please?

Thanks

Nick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Don't open the pack, nor put one in your mouth and light matches near the end furthest away from you when inhaling....just trying to be funny, keep them as you would any other collectible, away from direct sunlight and moisture...I have some German cigs stashed away, and just have them in a box protected. They tasted awful even when fresh , as the Germans always preferred American and English cigarettes over most of their own brands during the war. I see sepp Dietrich worked for a tobacco company before joining the SS.
        Those came from the hotel in Hamburg as perks likely for renting a room...also a waldorf Astoria collectible.....Nazi period but what year? Civilian complementary package I would assume. Oops too late on opening the package...these may be higher quality than regular run of the mill cigarettes...nice scoop, where were they found?
        Last edited by juoneen; 06-09-2015, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks Juoneen

Not sure where they were found I bought them off a collector.

I work for the hotel group that includes the Waldorf Astoria brand so I had to have them !

Nick

Comment

Hi,

Keep them in a cool, dark place - maybe a drawer or wardrobe, and all should be well.
            I bought a box of TR matches recently, and my wife used them to light her cigarettes when her lighter stopped working!
            Hope her supply of cigarettes is OK, I have a few packs of TR cigarettes in the house and she may attempt to smoke them!
            By the way, all the matches worked a bit more expensive than modern matches though!

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
              Hi,

Keep them in a cool, dark place - maybe a drawer or wardrobe, and all should be well.
              I bought a box of TR matches recently, and my wife used them to light her cigarettes when her lighter stopped working!
              Hope her supply of cigarettes is OK, I have a few packs of TR cigarettes in the house and she may attempt to smoke them!
              By the way, all the matches worked a bit more expensive than modern matches though!

Best wishes,

John.
              Thanks John

Wives eh?? They just don't understand !

Nick

Comment

Keep them away from moisture. I have WWI tobacco packs and WWII cigarettes etc. as long as they stay dry it will preserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                  Keep them away from moisture. I have WWI tobacco packs and WWII cigarettes etc. as long as they stay dry it will preserve.
                  Thanks Johnny

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
                    Hi,

Best wishes,

John.
                    haha keep the cigarettes in a safe
                    they still work after all them years Wow!

Martin

Comment

I have a box just like them. SS marked as well.

William Kramer
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by all1knew; 07-18-2015, 10:53 AM.
                      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Very cool William

Nick

Comment

That William....wouldn't you know he is hiding the shiznick of cig packs away till now. I would venture to say the first pack may be ss also, just missing the strip that Williams has.....anybody agree / disagree ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X