Kampfgeschwader 55 collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jim,

Very,very nice collection and focus to KG55....I am the happy owner of Mylius goblet.

I believe the docs from KC holder Heinrich Suedel are for sale at Andre Huesken.

Martin

Heres the crew from Mylius, for your interest...

Comment

Hi Martin,
      Thank you for posting the photo and your nice comments, if you get a chance it would be great if you would post some photos of Mylius Honour Goblet.
      I saw the Suedel group of documents, but the price he is looking for them is unreal.
      Jim
      Last edited by jim murray; 07-01-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

a picture from the previous owner......and an old one together with some other items (not belonging to Mylius). Its in a safe. Sorry.

Yes, the Suedel lot is indeed terrible priced, therefore it is for sale since years....

best
        Martin

Comment

Heres one with Mylius (and crew)...

And the colorized one which has been done by WAF Member "Imi" (imre).....Incredible work and all the credits to him.

martin

Comment

Thanks again Martin for posting your Mylius items, and the colour photo is just super.

Comment

Hauptmann Adelbert Karbe's winter flight suit.

Karbe was the St.kpt of 3rd Staffel and the 5th member of KG55 to receive the Knightscross, which was awarded on the 12th of Nov 1941. He saw action in Poland, France, The Low Countries, The Battle of Britian, the Blitz and Russia. He had flown over 250 combat missions. He was transfered to IV gruppe based in Dijon in France, and served on the gruppe stab.
              Karbe was killed in action on the night of the 30th/31st of July 1942 while on a mission to Birmingham, flying in a HE111 H-6 number G1+GV. The Heinkel was attacked by a Beaufighter from 604 squadron and shot down and crashed near Weymouth, Dorset.
              Haupt. Karbe was to go on leave the next day, and had intended on the return flight from Birmingham to land at an airfield near Berlin and from there go to his home, but unfortunatly he never got there.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jim murray; 07-01-2011, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Karbe's winter flight suit.
                Attached Files

Comment

Karbe's name and staffel number marked on his flight suit.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Your focus on a single unit makes for a VERY interesting collection!

Comment

Two recent additions to my collecton.

The first photo was taken on the 6th July 1944 it shows 5th staffel celebration of there 5,000th feindflug. (note at this stage of the war thay had dropped 6.7 million kgs of bombs.

The second photo shows crewmen of III gruppe celebrating the gruppes 10,000th feindflug. They also mention there commander Major Willie Antrup.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for posting the photos and documents from the KG55. In a few days I will try to post the documents from the last Geschwaderkommondore KG55 from 22. November 1944 until the end, Major Richard Brunner! He was Gruppenkommandeur I Gruppe from 21. Oktober 1943 - September 1944.
                        Best regards BB-BB

Comment

This is a super thread Your collection may be smaller in numbers but now its overflowing with some real quality choice items

Comment

Can somebody help me ? How can I post here photos ? Best regards BB-BB

Comment

Quality not quantity is what counts when it comes to collecting! In fighting wars quantity however is something of more import.

Comment

Mess or Office Geschwader crest
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by jim murray; 07-09-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X