Luftwaffe from Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jim murray View Post
    Pilots badge, bomber clasp in bronze, flugbuch and flugzeugfuhrerschein belonging to Knightscross winner Werner Oberlander Stkpt of 2nd staffel KG55
    Fantastic historical archive Jim

Ross

Comment

Amazing kapok life vest and jumper... Look forward to the next installment!

Comment

great stuff as usual!

Comment

Hi guys,
          My first post in a long while, as Paul said in his last post, I have worked my way back to my first collecting love, Luftwaffe flight and all thats related to it.
          My first post is of privately purchased leather jacket (commonly known as the Hartmann jacket)
          The shoulder boards are to a hauptmann and are attached very well, typical of German workmanship of the period as are the award loops and and loops to attach the eagle, As you can never be 100% sure if these jackets were use by a pilot, but my gut feeling makes me think that this one might have a chance of actually been thare.
          Attached Files

Comment

Jim,
            Very nice addition to your superb collection.

Comment

absolutely beautiful Jim !
              Well done !

Ian

Comment

After seeing your collection I really wonder what I am doing. Fantastic focus and items! Devotion is another word which comes to mind. As many other members have said "WOW!" daniel tarr817j

Comment

10-76B1 kapok schwimmwest

Here is my latest acquisition a 10-76B1 Kapok schwimmwest, in very good condition made of the heavier cotton fabric, with a good clear printed lable.
                  Attached Files

Comment

A few more photos of the Kapok, it is in very good condition, but has some staining, clearly it has seen some action.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by jim murray; 01-29-2016, 06:55 PM.

Comment

One more
                      Attached Files

Comment

As Paul sead in one of his posts, that I am rebulding my Luftwaffe collection again from scratch, having sold off the bulk of it with the exception of some documents. I have been doing that slowly one project at a time ie bomber crewman, fighter pilot etc. but if a nice piece comes up I wont turn it down. I am also looking for good quality pieces. I started this nine months ago and having picked up the kapok I have now completed my bomber crewman.

Bomber crewman circa 1941, he is wearing a 2nd pattern summer flying suit, an LKpW 101 leather flying helmet, 295 flying goggles, 10-76 B1 kapok, a very nice pare of double zipped flyingboots dated June 1940. The oxygen mask needs restoring (hard to get in any condition these days)

Without kapok
                        Attached Files

Comment

With the kapok
                          Attached Files

Comment

Few bits and bobs for viewing

Africa cuff title , officers eagle, shirt eagle, pilots badge cloth, rank patch and clock. Regards Paul.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I know you have seen this one before, but believe it or not I sold this one too, but have been very lucky to get it back, I had sold it to a friend who was kind enough, though reluctantly sold it back to me. So in a way it is a new piece.

Four pocket tunic to Oberfeldweble Wilhelm Borges German cross in gold winner, member of KG55 and KG3. He was involved in the Stalangrad air lift and later became a train buster with KG3.
                              Attached Files

Comment

EM/NCOs visor cap I picked up in October, this one has a nice crusher look,
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X