• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOVE those S&L!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak88 View Post
      LOVE those S&L!
      Yes. And I can thank you, Marc, for pointing me to them. They're some of my favorite combat badges.

Robert

Comment

where could I get more info on how to buy/make that little light diffusing box thing?

this post is GREAT... I need to get better at photos for my pistol collection.

Comment

Hi Guys,
          What about a larger one for a uniform on a bust type mannequin? What can we use as a box and diffusion panels?

Gerard

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
            Hi Guys,
            What about a larger one for a uniform on a bust type mannequin? What can we use as a box and diffusion panels?

Gerard
            How about sheets of white semi-transparent mylar fastened/positioned between the light source and the tunic? I use it stapled to a hollowed-out cardboard box bottom positioned between sunlight and my badge(s) to difuse the shine from the indirect sunlight. It should work just fine.

Robert

Comment

Gerard,

I would go with an inexpensive light box - check B&H Photo - they are the best. Very good prices.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Marc

Comment

I just LOVE the outdoor light.. sunshine gives the perfect light and with some macro... you can't go wrong.

This one I took a few days ago, the sun is about to go down and it gave the cross a nice red/pink patina. The downside is, when the sun is about to go down you get less light so the picture could be better, but the cool red/pink color details gave this cross a nice unique 'patina' a pink patina
                Attached Files

Comment

I want that W&L, Steinar! I'll PM my address to you.

Robert

Comment

hehe I thought you had too many W&L's already

Thats one of those crosses I can't sell, with the best reason ever: It was my first EK2

Comment

I really like the core on that W&L, Steinar. Very sharp, sqaure-cornered swasi.

Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert

It's a special cross for me - since it was my first, but not the last

Comment

Marc,
                          Thanks for the link. The question I have is that the torso mannequins I have are 40" to 48". Do I need one of their tents? Do I need a small photo light box for small items and a large one for large items? Sorry for so many questions, I am a dummy at photography. Here is the largest "pop-up" one I saw, it was only 48" tall in total. Not really tall enough for a 48" torso.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ht_Pop_Up.html

What do you think?

Gerard

Gerard,

I would go with an inexpensive light box - check B&H Photo - they are the best. Very good prices.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

Marc

Comment

Gerard,

First, let me suggest you talk to Tim Curley about how they did theirs for their book.

Forget the light boxes, you need a SOFT BOX which is a box that goes over a light and you shoot against a hung background. Let me fine you something, but talk to Tim.
                            Mar c

Comment

Marc,
                              Thanks, I will contact him. The regular box is good to get for daggers, medals, etc, correct?

Gerard

Gerard,

First, let me suggest you talk to Tim Curley about how they did theirs for their book.

Forget the light boxes, you need a SOFT BOX which is a box that goes over a light and you shoot against a hung background. Let me fine you something, but talk to Tim.
                              Mar c

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X