POSTING NICKs COLLECTION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor WA Loyalty badge for Dutch NSKK volunteers

Here's my Dutch "Motor-WA loyalty Badge" as bestowed to Dutch NSKK members!(thanks for selling it to me WAF member Luc!!).
    Its also known as the "Dutch NSKK loyalty badge" among collectors, but its definitely not an official NSKK medal!

Many NSB members from the motorized W.A. served with the "NSKK Gruppe Luftwaffe" on the eastern front, including Stalingrad and as a reward for their loyalty, Anton Mussert established the badge, which was awarded to these Dutch volunteer military drivers, including to all the NSKK survivors that made it out of Stalingrad! (at least 40-50 of them are known to have been able to escape from the "kessel")

The badge came in dark bronze although higher grades (silver.gold) may have also been planned. These were awarded in 2 ceremonies, first on May 11 and again on November 9th of 1943.

The reverse is always hollow with a verticle pin (missing here) and no maker marks. I heard that many were found dug up somewhere in the vicinity of Berlin recently and most of these on the market are from that source... perhaps also mine since it is damaged?
    Does anybody know the story on that?
    Attached Files

Comment

NSKK recruitment poster

Here's an image of a period recruitment poster seeking inlistment in Dutch NSKK Gruppe Luftwaffe. Note LW fliegerbluse with NSKK insignia.
      Attached Files

Comment

period image (not from my collection!)

Here's a period picture of the medal in wear. I found it on the web and it has been posted on WAF before...
        Attached Files

Comment

Another period image (not from my collection!)

Here's another period picture of a Dutch NSKK-Luftwaffe driver. This portrait also appears in Alex Dekker's Dutch NSKK book, (stating collection F.Westera), but I've seen it on other forums as well, so I am repeating it here, as these are rare images of this award in wear, so worth sharing!
          Attached Files

Comment

Transport Korps Speer

Here's my TKS (Transport Korps SPeer) NCO tunic (in my possession shortly) Thanks Gerard!
            Attached Files

Comment

close up

close up with unique stylized SPeer collar tabs! This laste pattern replaced the "SP" letter pattern as depicted in post#689
              Attached Files

Comment

unique Speer breast eagle

The unique Speer breast eagle which is basically an NSKK pattern eagle manufactured without the NSKK scroll (or sometimes seen modified by removing the NSKK scroll)!
                Attached Files

Comment

period image

A period image of an officer in TKS (Transport Korps Speer)
                  Note the officer is wearing a standard officer's pattern bullion Heer pattern breast eagle,
                  which was also also done (shows affiliation with the army when attached to a Heer unit).
                  Attached Files

Comment

x

First pattern SPeer uniform, already shown in post 689 but now with rank fixed (pip removed) to match shoulderboards !
                    Cap is still the NSKK pattern...ranks match!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 04-05-2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Turkistan Legion Beamte HeeresVerwaltung

Turkistan Legion Beamte HeeresVerwaltung (admin) medium pay scale.
                      Could be a set up for a paymaster official. Restored this way at least!
                      The tunic is a modified 1939 dated Dutch type as often issued to Osttruppen.
                      It has Russian inventory stamps (captured piece)
                      Attached Files

Comment

close up

close up admin collar tabs
                        Attached Files

Comment

other side

other side. Still with a "Dutch" bottom , meaning no skirt pockets added
                          as usually done by the Germans! Compare with post 824!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NickG; 04-05-2008, 07:03 PM.

Comment

some of my other DUtch German conversions

some of my other DUtch German conversions!
                            Left added German collar reenforced with standard HBT material and zig-zag stitching,
                            right same collar conversion, but now reenforced on the back with tropical DAK olive-brown cloth!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NickG; 04-05-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

another view

another view. Not skirt pocket difference. Officer one with pockets made in same Dutch material matching the tunic,
                              The enlisted one (right) with German wool added pockets, which was the norm...and belt ramp holes...
                              The Inf. officer tunic lacks these belt ramp holes, which the Germans usually added, as shown on the right...
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 04-05-2008, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Attached Files
                                Last edited by NickG; 04-05-2008, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X