The old Suter's uniforms & stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old Suter's uniforms & stuff

This Forum is a great idea. I'll start my contribution with these general shots of one of the three rooms that house my addiction. Unfortunately, they are not large rooms and things are getting cheek-to-jowl. There are several tunics in there that aren't in the photos.

At any rate, I hope you guys enjoy these for now. I'll post more pictures later.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 10-26-2002, 09:35 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, Dave. Isn't it amzing how this stuff starts to take over? That is why I sold .off all of my uniforms and blades over the past 6 years. I simply ran out of room to keep it all. Knowing that I once owned it and looking at old photos of it all still gives me great pleasure.
          OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

Dear Dave:
            Congratulations for your tunics and the other stuff. Do you have always the unniforms displayed so that or you protect them from the dust??

Comment

The rooms aren't quite as cramped as they appear in the photographs. I remember the old man saying he'd NEVER run out of room. Never say never, guys!!
              AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

to say at least VERY IMPRESSIVE , I also like the way all the insignia-pieces are framed on the walls. Dave, I only can congratulate you with a collection like this. can you post a front picture of the M-43 (I think) combat set-up with tornister? love to see that.

greetings

Jan From Flanders Fields

Comment

Sell my tunics????? Sell my children!!??? Probably not.

F.K. - Unfortunately, my only answer to the dust problem is vacuuming. It's particularly bad now because I'm finishing another room and the dust from finishing the sheetrock is really a pain. I'll spend a month cleaning it all when that project is done (which, according to the wife, will be NEVER).

Jan - Ask and ye shall receive. I picked this tunic up at the local militaria show a few years ago. Got it cheap because the dealer said that the shoulder straps didn't match. And they didn't. Until I got home and turned the one that was put on upside down right side up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And, what the hell. Here's a freebie. General staff colonel. I have his name & papers. Killed at Stalingrad.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dear Dave,

Great collection!

If I remember that right, you had a tunic with a Grossdeutschland patch on one arm. Where has that one gone?

Cheers, Frank H.
                        Cheers, Frank

Comment

Good memory Frank! I still have it, its just in a different room.

Comment

"A different room?"
                            Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Can we visit the different room, please????
                              F.K.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X