The old Suter's uniforms & stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dave Your views please.
    Last edited by Laurence Strong; 10-29-2005, 05:50 PM.

Comment

And the rear or Thanks in advance
      Last edited by Laurence Strong; 10-29-2005, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Look to be medical, but the boards are missing the caduceus devices. Any indication on the back of the boards that devices were removed?

Comment

Hi Dave Thanks for that , No holes in the back, maybe they never got of the supply shelf. they are in pretty good shape!
          Last edited by Laurence Strong; 07-13-2004, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Laurence:
            Not to horn in on Dave's most excellent thread....but the collar tabs/Litzen are fine...front and back
            CSP

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Scott , however Dave has a good point, the cadecuses are missing. with no holes in the boards, my only thought is that they were unissued. I don't know if they came with inserts, or if they were added on after!

Comment

Hi there! This is my first post on the forum, so I take the opportunity and introduce myself:

I am a German collector since three years, trying to collect German Army equipment (Kaiserliche Armee, Reichswehr, WH and Waffen-SS) from years 1914 to 1945. I'm really looking forward to learn and discuss with you!

It took me some wonderful hours to view and study this unbelievable collection and I can only say: Amazing, wonderful, fantastic!

Especially I enjoyed the examples of the Dienströcke and the caps!

Please keep on posting pictures!!

Comment

Well, it's (my) Friday) evening, so here are a few more. (Welcome aboard, Jägermeister.)

This one is for an Unteroffizier (Corporal) assigned to the Heeresunteroffiziervorschule Treptow (Army NCO Candidate School Treptow) (created 1 Mar 1940).
                  Attached Files

Comment

For an Unteroffizier (corporal) on the Divisionsstäbe (Division staff) of Infanteriedivision 16 (16th infantry Division). This strap is pictured on page 316 of Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army, Volume 1. The 16th Infantry Division existed in peace-time and was made up of troops from Westphalia and East Prussia. Was on the Saar front. In 1940 it was reorganized into the 16th Panzer Division, with parts becoming the 16th Motorized Division.
                    Attached Files

Comment

For an Unteroffizier (Corporal) assigned to Kriegsschule Hannover (Officer Candidate School in Hannover).
                      Attached Files

Comment

For an Oberleutneant assigned to Wachtruppe Berlin (Guard Troop Berlin).
                        Attached Files

Comment

For an Unteroffizier (Corporal) assiged to Gruppenkommando/ Heeresgruppenkommando 3 (Headquarters, 3rd Army Group).
                          Attached Files

Comment

Officer version of an Army Group board. For a major assigned to Gruppenkommando / Heeresgruppenkommando 2 (Headquarters of Army Group 2).
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well, here's one you won't find in the books. A Luftwaffe War School device on an Army board. The board shows age and use and the KS device has been on there forever. The device's prongs don't go through the back. It is for a Heer infantry officer assigned to the Luftwaffe War School. Later in the war the Luftwaffe had ground troops, and who better to train them than the army.
                              Attached Files

Comment

For an Unteroffizier assigned to the Infanterie Heeresunteroffiziervorschule München (Infantry Army NCO School at Munich). Strap is pictured on page 335 of Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army, Volume 1.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X