Nordland sonnenrad in use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordland sonnenrad in use

Can someone share pictures where the Nordland sonnenrad collar tab is in use? It seems i cant find any. I only encountered what looks like one in a documentary on Nationale Geographic.
    Thanks

Hi

There a a few pictures out there from Division Nordland.
    Here is one from Nordland regiment Norge, Norwegian SS volunteer Johan-Petter Balstad.

A survived ss tunic with unmessed original applied sunwheel kragespiegel are very, very rare!
    I know of only two tunics like that.
    Attached Files

Comment

That's indeed a famous picture. I need to edit my question. Pictures in combat where the collar tab is visible.

Comment

Originally posted by Persoons_Karst View Post
        That's indeed a famous picture. I need to edit my question. Pictures in combat where the collar tab is visible.
        one is for sure in ss cloth insignia book by angolia ,show a soldier with palm smock and this model of tab in use .

Comment

Somebodygot a scan of that picture in that book?

Comment

here is few pictures from my colection (soldier with palm smock) included

Comment

Thank you very much, nice to see the EM versions. After seeing these pics, i think i keep my Nord collar tab.

Comment

Is it known if any of these tabs (Nordland sonnenrad) were made with bullion thread?

Comment

Last one is a schalburg officer. Martinsen I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
                    Is it known if any of these tabs (Nordland sonnenrad) were made with bullion thread?
                    Yes, they were. I have a picture somewhere.

Comment

A picture would be great!

Comment

Hi,

Martinsen (picture 1) is pictured from his time as Commander of the Schalburg Korps (Danish Allgemeine-SS). The sunwheel is bigger, and not tilted to the left as for the (temporary) sunwheel used in the "Nordland" division (pictures 2 to 6).

Below is the "Nordland" sunwheel tab (courtesy of Eyedea794), the "Schalburg Korps" sunwheel tab (courtesy of Littlejohn "Foreign Legions Vol. 1") and another Martinsen picture.

"Schalburg Korps" sunwheel tabs seemed to exist in a few variations, it seemed that the sunwheel may be a bit more bigger than the illustration provided by Littlejohn.

See You

Vince
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 05-18-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Many thanks for posting the pictures! If I have understood this correctly, the "Schalburg" tab is different from the "Nordland" tab in a couple of ways.

Does any pictures of a "Nordland" officers tab with bullion thread exist?

Again, many thanks.

Comment

Hi,

yes, the two are different (the "Schalburg Korps" tab is more thicker), not only the angle, but also the form of the sunwheel.

We should also add that the "Germanske SS Norge" (Allgemeine-SS Norway) also used a very similar tilted to the left sunwheel, but again thicker (than "Nordland").
                            Below is this tab, courtesy of Dan E. Moe, and a elusive propaganda booklet for the "Germanske SS Norge".

I do not think that an officer version exist for the "Nordland" tab.

See You

Vince
                            Attached Files

Comment

Frostfall, that is a great pic (2nd one) in your post. I've never seen that one before. Lots of great insignia and a new iron cross to boot.

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X