X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Order Ribbon

Hi!

I need some help with this ribbon.
    Is this ribbon a late ribbon for the Blood Order?
    I know that usually the black and white border should have the same thickness, but can this be a late version.
    If it’s not a ribbon for the Blood order what is it?

Regards
    HH
    Attached Files

I think you answered your own question. The white band is too thick, even on later medals that’s not right.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jon Fish;8017100]I think you answered your own question. The white band is too thick, even on later medals that’s not right. What is the total width in mm ?

Comment

Ribbon

Hi!

The width is 34 mm. I know that that is a little bit to small.
        My other Blood Order ribbons are 36 mm and 38 mm width.
        If it´s not late Blood Order ribbon what can it be?

There were no 57 Blood order ribbons and the quality i to good to be copy. If it was made as a copy Blood Order ribbon you would not make a mistake with different width.

Regards
        HH

Comment

I am sure there was more than one ribbon maker in Germany who offered Blood Order ribbon. Here is a photo of a photo that shows the wider white and narrow black border on Blood Order ribbon.

Bob Hritz
          Attached Files
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Ribbon

Thank you Bob.
            I bought a lot of ribbons who comes from an old “schneiderei” and the ribbons are fantastic, but this ribbon confused me because I could not find any photos of it in use. So, thank you again.
            Now I can sell some of the 65 cm I got.

Best regards
            HH

Comment

Ribbon

I found some more ribbons with weider white and narrow black border.
              Attached Files

Comment

34mm is good. The cased example you show, I think that's the angle. All I can say is that my examples don't have the appearance of your ribbon. Many have come from direct family buys, the only time I have seen varying black/white lines have been on copy medals. Maybe on the studio portraits sometimes they have been 'touched up' to appear more pronounced, this might be the reason for the studio portraits.
                Also I have maybe 50 snap shots of the medal in wear that I checked again today, I didn't see any ribbon like yours. So you ribbon may or may not be ok, but its certainly not text book.

Comment

Here is an example how photography can play tricks on your eyes. This medal is in my collection, it’s the very same as in the photo and the same ribbon. You can see it looks like the white is wider, but it’s not, it’s just the camera . I have some others like this but this is an example.

Comment

attachment...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jon!
                      I can agree that the angel can be a problem with the boxed BO but I have now seen several pictures and a film with Alfred Rosenberg with the wider white and narrow black border on his Blood Order.
                      So, not text book but I think we can say that the type of ribbon were produced during the TR era.

Comment

Originally posted by Ankar View Post
                        Hi Jon!
                        So, not text book but I think we can say that the type of ribbon were produced during the TR era.
                        I haven’t said it’s not period, it could be, but it’s not ribbon i would be comfortable to use for my collection. Like I shown the Black gets lost on the photographs and the white is more pronounced. I have had around 40 original ribbons and seen many more, never like this, why is that?

Comment

Here, another example of how the camera can play tricks. They for sure didnt make a zebra border ribbon!
                          Also a ribbon, looks like what you have, hanging on a copy medal. And I haven’t access to my archive right now, those are just from 5 mins in google.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X