X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler's Phone for sale

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...ilia-telephone

Hitlers phone anyone?

Reserve USD$100,000 + 26% auction fee. Fairly pricey but could probably be connected up in your collection room or bunker, no hands-free function or auto-dialler though.......

http://auctions.alexautographs.com/a...refno=+++88382

So it left the Siemens factory with the eagle and Hitler's name, and afterwards it was painted red?

Comment

Very interesting piece of history!
      BTW, I guess the display in this Fuhrer bunker needs to update their black one.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The phone itself is an original wartime production W38 model. The mouth and ear peices are non standard and are more "beefed" up than normal.

Of course there would have many phones floating about in the bunker, some would have had fixed wiring and some would use a plug. The one shown in the photos of the bunker display is a fixed wired unit.

Comment

In the same auction there is an Allach Shepherd Dog, apparently belonging to AH!

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
              The phone itself is an original wartime production W38 model. The mouth and ear peices are non standard and are more "beefed" up than normal.

Of course there would have many phones floating about in the bunker, some would have had fixed wiring and some would use a plug. The one shown in the photos of the bunker display is a fixed wired unit.
              I agree ! Photos that show the inside of the bunker after the capture show several "black" phones. So who knows ??? Tom

Comment

I would spend 100k on something with better provenience.
                Hitler’s phone

Comment

The auction description is some of the most bs I have ever seen written. It would make Gottlieb blush. I can't say for sure the phone is a fake but I would surely need a lot more provenance than that weak effort. The close up pic of the eagle and adolph engraving looks like sandpaper scratches. Gold paint in the engraving then painted red? The whole story about the vet being offered Eva Braun's phone by the russians I find absurd. How did they know that, did she have a matching engraved one? Was it painted pink? When will it come to market? Good luck with your bids gentlemen!
                  Last edited by Jeff V; 02-03-2017, 11:13 AM.
                  Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Engraving for an ordinary phone makes no sense in my view. I doubt the whole story. Also do not believe it will be sold.
                    Best, Thomas

Comment

Does anyone know what the function was for the little button on the phone in front of the rotary dial?

Comment

Hi,

similar question about the "jammer" (?) on the mouth part of the phone ?

The button is an earthing button, to establish communication, change the line.

See You

Vince
                        Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 02-03-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I wonder whether it was a "panic button?!" If so, it was probably well used!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Hi,

http://www.alte-telefone.de/W48.htm

Nachdem die Änderungen entsprechend der Reichspost umgesetzt wurden, entstand 1938 das Modell W38. Äußerlich unterscheiden sich die beiden Modell für den Laien nur kaum. Der W38 bekam einen modernen Nummerschalter (Wählscheibe). Die Schaltung des ursprünglichen W 38 war wesentlich aufwendiger als die des Modell 36.

Durch Ausbruch des Krieges und durch zunehmende Materialverknappung in Deutschland wurden ab 1940 immer mehr die Schaltung der W38 optimiert bzw. reduziert. Selbst die Glockenschalen aus Metall wurden durch Glasglocken ersetzt, um Eisen zu sparen.

Nach dem Krieg wurde der W38 in seiner "Kriegsausführung" fast unverändert in der DDR weiter gebaut, bis in die 60-er Jahre. Der VEB Nordhausen (R-F-T) hatte bei den späteren Modellen des W 38 die Grundplatte aus lackiertem Blech durch eine Grundpatte aus Duroplast ersetzt.

Below is a W 38 von Siemens & Halske 1940

See You

Vince
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by planet View Post
                              Engraving for an ordinary phone makes no sense in my view. I doubt the whole story. Also do not believe it will be sold.
                              Best, Thomas
                              I truly believe that it will be sold though probably for not much more then the starting price.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X