ss Panzer 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss Panzer 43

I would like opinions about this cap please.
    Best,
    Gisle
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

---
        Attached Files

Comment

,.-, last
          Attached Files

Comment

I really like the skull but the photos aren't the best ... is it flatwire ?

The cap is obviously not German-made ?

Ian

Comment

Hi Gisle!

I don't care for the cap much. Blue lining and RBNr stamp in an SS Pz cap? nah, not for me.

Nice TK though. Like Ian, I also think it maybe flatwire.

Cheers
              Ben

Comment

Hi. It is not flatwire. .it's cotton thread.
                Could it be a good heer panzer cap with skull reattached?
                Best, Gisle

Comment

I've not seen another M43 quite like this one Gisle. It has some rather odd features to say the least!

Maybe someone else has seen a similar one?

Some better photos taken in the daylight would help. Trying to judge black fabric from flash photos is a nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                    I've not seen another M43 quite like this one Gisle. It has some rather odd features to say the least!

Maybe someone else has seen a similar one?

Some better photos taken in the daylight would help. Trying to judge black fabric from flash photos is a nightmare!
                    I must check mine, seems I have a similar producer, but mine is Heeres

Comment

Any evidence of an SS eagle on the side or a Police hexagon insignia on front ??Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                        Any evidence of an SS eagle on the side or a Police hexagon insignia on front ??Billbert
                        And lets not also forget the possibility that it might have started life as one of the elusive LW black HG Panzer M43's that no one has a beyond doubt example of these days.

That blue twill lining is a perfect match for the lining in my LW single button blue grey M43 that I showed in this thread;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=river

The LW often put a blue lining in their M43 caps with an RB number,

Chris

Comment

The PLOT thickens...taking a quick look at the hat body itself..nothing jumps out as BAD ..Even like the wide tape loops....BILLBERT

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                            The PLOT thickens...taking a quick look at the hat body itself..nothing jumps out as BAD ..Even like the wide tape loops....BILLBERT
                            I agree and the LW M43 in my link (post number 12) has the tape loops sewn on the same way and same width in a cream-white shade of cloth,

Chris

p.s. the buttons are an mismatch and a type more suited to an officer cap. However, they may have been lost or fallen off along the way of time and what is there now are replacements ?
                            Last edited by 90th Light; 01-08-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I belinvece in a lw pnz cap

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X