Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German hi-power holster with SS skull - vet trophy holster

Hi,

First, sorry that this holster falls into two categories; SS insignia and also the firearms forum. I decided to post here because I'm most interested in the skull attached to the holster that came part of a complete rig.

Here are my questions;

Is this is a rare skull and what sort of value might it have? It appears one prong is broken/missing, and the vet has used some wire to help secure it to the holster.

What sort of value is put on a holster like this with the insignia? I do not plan on splitting it up or removing the insignia. I still have the pistol/mag that came with this holster.

Regards,
    -Steve

It is original M1/24 Overhoff in worn condition around 5-6oo I would think

Comment

Thanks for your comment.

I will likely just leave the holster exactly as is, but neat to have a bit more info on the skull (which is not something I normally collect).

Regards,
      -Steve

Comment

What would this skull have originally been affixed to?

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianAR View Post
          What would this skull have originally been affixed to?
          Really?

https://www.google.com/search?q=SS+v...A&ved=0CB0QsAQ

Comment

Just a question bud. If it was too simple why waste your time answering?

Is a visor is the only possible thing? I don't deal in SS stuff ever.

Comment

It would be used for a Visor cap.

Comment

Ok thanks. I knew visor cap but didn't know if it was it's only application.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianAR View Post
                  Ok thanks. I knew visor cap but didn't know if it was it's only application.
                  Nope, they were also used (against regulations) on sidecaps and 'M43' caps to replace the standard BeVo machine-woven or flatwire insignia.

Ian

Comment

Thx, I'd recalled seeing them on other articles I'd thought. But generally just visors with some other custom applications.

Comment

your holster

hi steve
                      good morning to you in my humble opinion i would say your holster here is a german ww2 p-38 soft shell holster and not a german browning holster is there any markings on back of holster they are usually marked or lettered and dated around the straps . last would you happen to have an extra clip for a german 9mm hi power pistol. if so i am looking for one if so please e mail me at nanny1fl@aol.com hope this helps god bless andy

Comment

Originally posted by alfred213 View Post
                        hi steve
                        good morning to you in my humble opinion i would say your holster here is a german ww2 p-38 soft shell holster and not a german browning holster is there any markings on back of holster they are usually marked or lettered and dated around the straps . last would you happen to have an extra clip for a german 9mm hi power pistol. if so i am looking for one if so please e mail me at nanny1fl@aol.com hope this helps god bless andy

It is likely not a p38 holster. 99% of p38 soft shell holsters have the strap affixed to the top flap and stud on the small lower flap. This one is the opposite. If it was p38, it should have a big p38 stamped on the back, which Im sure would have been noted.
                        Last edited by CanadianAR; 07-01-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alfred213 View Post
                          hi steve
                          Hi Andy,

It is 100% a hi-power holster and came with a hi-power in it. The spare mag pouch also fits a hi-power magazine perfectly. Sorry I don't have a spare mag to sell you, you may want to try the exchange table or gun broker.

Thanks for all the interest in this thread -- my initial question regarding the SS skull is answered.

Regards,
                          -Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X