Wwi flea market finds....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wwi flea market finds....

This nice little lot of items surfaced at this weeks flea market...A very nice 98/05 Ersatz saw-back bayonet w/ scabbard & frog, nickel silver (Garde??) helmet plate w/ separately applied star (prongs) and screw-back posts (appear to be a bit trimmed, however), also what I "think" is possibly a WWI German "private purchase" type of utility knife w/ long blade, can-opener and cork-screw. It is only marked "Solingen" on the ricasso of the blade, hence I don't believe this piece was made for export, although whether I can classify it as a "military" knife, I know not (anyone??). Lastly, a nice WWI US "barracks" cover sized EGA..un-marked, and I wonder if it might not be a theater-made example...A few pix below for your perusal...
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

4..The knife has a locking blade, which is released by pressing down on a raised bar near the butt-end of the knife...
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Milton,

That's a really nice Ersatz bayonet! Congrats!

The pocket knife looks to be a private purchase piece.

Regards,
            Chip

Comment

Hi Chip, thanks for your feedback. Yes, I think so too (regarding the pocket knife). It's pretty nifty! Thx.

Comment

nice !

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Milton,

Congratulations on the fantastic finds!

I love the look of that ersatz bayonet, and it even came with a frog. Super!

Looks like a really great NCO or private purchase/one-year volunteer Garde eagle front plate for a pickelhaube.

The private purchase knife is really cool!

Great job picking these up! You have access to an outstanding flea market! Again, congratulations!

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan. Luck of the draw, you know...(plus getting out of bed DAMN early!). Thanks for commenting, and again, love that nice Kugel helm you picked up....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X