Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful FHQ grouping

Hello,

I posted this about three years back and deleted the pictures two days after since another member wrote in a PM that the value of this grouping will be lowered once the pictures have been published....shortly after I got lot's of PM's asking me to publish the pictures again with the assurance that the value will not be effected....Looking thru the paper/document section at WAF, auctions and dealer sites, a lot of amazing pictures and albums have been shared on those platforms, so I guess I take my chances.

I'm also in the process of letting this grouping go, so I'd need to post pictures of it anyways for the future owner to see what he will get.
    Huge Watermark and low res. No chance for copy-cats

I also connected with a very nice Gentleman in Germany who was in the same unit as the original owner (Karl Moeckel) of the albums. I sent him watermarked scans of the pictures and he recognized places, persons etc.....he could tell a story for probably 1/2 of the pictures in the albums. I also gave him permission to publish some of these pictures in the book he is currently writing. The book is about the FHQ's.

This will be quite a long thread due to the amount of pictures.
    Most pictures are accompanied by writing (either below the photos written into the album or on the backside of the photos) which I will add to my thread as well.

Well, without further babbling around, enjoy the pictures.

This is the beautiful grouping of Corporal Karl Moeckel.
    The grouping contains, amongst other items, two photo albums which illustrate his duty from end of 1938 until he died in September 1941.

He was security staff member at the “Fuehrer Hauptquartier” and based on the photos in the albums it seems like he had pretty good excess to Hitler and his “hideouts”.
    Those albums contain plenty of pictures taken inside several different FHQ's, please note that back then, it was strictly forbidden to take pictures inside the FHQ.

Here are information’s about Mr. Moeckel, I took them all out of his Wehrpass.

Karl Moeckel was born on 4/3/1916 in Zwickau (Saxony).
    He learned the trades of gardening before he was pulled into military duty.

He had his physical examination done on 6/11/1936 in Zwickau and was classified as “tauglich 2” (suitable).

He was put into the “Ersatz Reserve I” (reserve list).

He got trained in handling of the 98K, hand grenades, Luger P-08, le MG34 and s MG34 --> what is “le” and “s” MG34?

He also received training as Hilfskrankentraeger (medic orderly…not sure if this is the right term).

His military assignment started on 11/18/1938, he joined the Inf. Rgt 31 in Plauen (Saxony, just a few miles away from Zwickau).

Here is a list of his assignments:

9/1/39 – 10/7/39  Feldzug gegen Polen beim Fuehrer Hauptquartier (campaign against Poland in the Fuehrer Hauptquartier)

10/8/39 – 1/13/40  Verwendung im Fuehrer Hauptquartier (used in the Fuehrer Hauptquartier)

1/14/40 – 5/9/40  Verwendung im Operationsgebiet der Westfront im Fuehrerhauptquartier (used at the ‚west front‘ theater, Fuehrer Hauptquartier)

5/10/40 – 6/4/40  Durchbruch zum Aermelkanal und Schlacht in Flandern und in ......? (breakthrough to the British channel and battle in Flanders and in ....?  can’t read it).

6/5/40 – 6/25/40  Schlacht in Frankreich (Battle in France).

6/26/40 – 2/18/41  Verwendung im Fuehrer Hauptquartier (used in the Fuehrer Hauptquartier)

Further entries:
    8/29/41  Granatsplitter am Gesaess und Bein, 14 I.R. 29 Russland (shrapnel on buttock and leg)

9/13/41  Im Lazarett verstorben (deceased in hospital).

His promotions:

Schuetze (Private) to Gefreiter (Lance Corporal) on 2/1/40

Gefreiter to Obergefreiter (Corporal) on 11/1/40

Please have a look at page 22 in the Wehrpass…was he promoted to Uffz. as well?

His decoration:

Schuetzenschnur Stufe 1 (Lanyard).

Commemorative medal 1’st of October 1938.

It seems like he got the Infantry assault badge on 9/10/41, three days before he passed away.

Alright, enough text, here are the first pictures...I start with a group shot, followed by the Wehrpass etc….
    Attached Files

Wehrpass
    Attached Files

Comment

Wehrpass2
      Attached Files

Comment

Wehrpass3
        Attached Files

Comment

oh boy, super slow internet, bear with me
          Attached Files

Comment

Wehrpass4
            Attached Files

Comment

Wehrpass5
              Attached Files

Comment

Wehrpass6
                Attached Files

Comment

The grouping came with this Day-Pass for FHQ - T
                  Those Passes are quite rare.
                  Attached Files

Comment

onto the pictures from the first Album

The Fuehrer, Jodl, Ribbentrop, Brueckner, Haeggel

Guesthouse, Reception and Guardhouse in FHQ - F
                    Attached Files

Comment

cuff title

Is the cuff title supposed to have been his as this was strictly forbidden to keep and had to be turned in?

Comment

"20" written on the back which also stands for a FHQ

Fuehrer Train, Christmas 40

Again, those are writings on the back of the pictures....perhaps its written in German, I translated it for this thread.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                          Is the cuff title supposed to have been his as this was strictly forbidden to keep and had to be turned in?
                          The cufftitle was part of this grouping.
                          I guess I cant say for certain that it belonged to Mr. Moeckel, however as said before, it came with the grouping.

Comment

Coat and Visor from the Fuehrer

General Jodl and Keitel in FHQ 20, our troups in the background
                            Attached Files

Comment

Compiegne

Memorial in Compiegne
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X