Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post war KM small battle units clasp in bronze...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post war KM small battle units clasp in bronze...........

Gentlemen, Rudiger (Thanks Rudiger) has let me have this rather nice early post war KM small battle units clasp in bronze, by St u L, closed hinge with small hinge pin, long fastener pin (in gold !) and small "C" catch indicating early 60's production.....nicely bronzed, crisp stamping.
    Not a 57er, having its original design which did not incorparate the swasika, so there was no design change post war....these badges ran alongside St u L 1957 range....I show alongside my Gold grade version, again made by St u L but slightly later in production, mid 1960's....has shorter pin and large headed hinge pin head....differences can clearly be seen in comparison images.
    These badges were available after 1968 with open hinge blocks and large "C" catch.............late production.
    The previous grades were cloth awards and therefore doubtful that they were made available from St u L ! if some one knows about these grades please add !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Files

comparison images...............now has anyone got an early Silver version for sale !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Steve!!
      Great new addition!! An often overlooked series of clasps these!!
      I hope you can find a nice, early Silver one to complete your set!!!
      The Krantz book of 1958, shows these photo's, all the pieces in there seem to be S&L's......
      DSCF0143.jpg

While the Geeb/ Kirchner book, also of 1958, shows these images.............
      DSCF0153.jpg
      Pieces in this book are from a mix of makers!!
      -Nigel
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Steve,
        both are great looking !!! This badges always was one of my favourites
        They are a good examples of nice early craftmanship

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X