Cased Eboat- pin marked 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased Eboat- pin marked 800

I just picked this up today in a small grouping that hopefully will lead to more items, the seller has a few very high end pieces in the 10k plus dollar range along with more pedestrian items such as armbands and tinnies. At any rate, could you please confirm whether this one is good or bad? its quite lovely at any rate and I would be pleased to add it to my collection if its good. Case seems correct, and its all undeniably old. Came from a long time collector.
    Many thanks for guidance and insights.
    Eric
    Attached Files

some more photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric,

I agree it's a nice looking thing and collectible to some, but it's a post-war "limited edition" silver badge almost certainly from Souval, I would estimate from the mid-1960s. You can see here a similar Auxiliary Cruiser badge with "Diamonds" (white sapphires) posted by Michael:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...20#post6544320
      and Pilot/Observer posted by Alex W.:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...11#post6496411

Souval's "Diamond" editions have the curled round-wire catch but that S-Boat without diamonds has the double catch that is also found for a limited time on S&L's mid-1960's production (see attached).

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Norm F; 01-07-2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Souval was still listing the 2nd pattern S-Boat in "echt silber" in his 1973 price list (see the bottom of the first column).
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Norm, not one for my own case if its not real, not even sure what to ask for it. The case? postwar as well? I really do appreciate the time and answer. Now to post the two fighter clasps I also got with this lot.

Comment

Yes, post war for sure.

I bought one of these in the mid-1980's and was pleased to get my money back from the same dealer 10 years later.

Stan

Comment

I also agree it's postwar RS production.
              Cheers,
              Hubert

Comment

Hubert and Stan-thanks for the comments. A pretty badge regardless.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X