German Flag Catalogs originals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Flag Catalogs originals

I have collected catalogs for many years and it seems catalogs on Flags are quite hard to come by. I have maybe 10 but most are from Imperial times with many association flags and banners.. Is there many period catalogs out there? As my main focus is Solingen catalogs.. Regards: James

There is the 1917 and 1934 National Geographic Flags issues and, of course, Flaggenbuch. I also have "Flags Through the Ages" by Whitney Smith. Those are the only flag reference books I have.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.. Those are great reference..
      What I meant by Flag catalogs is : Period factory German manufacture catalogs of flags and banners..
      Regards:

Comment

hmmmmm

I was able to obtain one of the reprint copies of the "Flaggenbuch" and to be honest, is one of my favorite references with a wealth of historical accurate information. The Germans even did the measurements of many of the countries flags of the time. I believe the reprint was very limited in production and was produce 20 years ago now. I believe I paid $500.00 for a few years ago which in my opinion was a amicable price considering the cost of others I have seen over the years.

As far as period catalogs specif to flags if I am understanding correctly, I have never seen or even heard of such a thing. I'm sure some of the more experienced guys have. I would be obliged if you would post some pictures of what even the cover of something like that even looks like. More specifically, I would love to know if any of your catalogs has the price of 4x4 or swallow tail standarts of the period? I know a couple of guys in the upper midwest that well, have collections ammased over 40 years to which the like I have never could have imaged existed; with one of them having a really large and specialized flag collection. I will ask them both if they have any period catalogs of flags for you and if they have anything interesting to say, I will let you know.

Comment

Whatever.........I don't have a clue what he wants at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Bern View Post
            I was able to obtain one of the reprint copies of the "Flaggenbuch" and to be honest, is one of my favorite references with a wealth of historical accurate information. The Germans even did the measurements of many of the countries flags of the time. I believe the reprint was very limited in production and was produce 20 years ago now. I believe I paid $500.00 for a few years ago which in my opinion was a amicable price considering the cost of others I have seen over the years.

As far as period catalogs specif to flags if I am understanding correctly, I have never seen or even heard of such a thing. I'm sure some of the more experienced guys have. I would be obliged if you would post some pictures of what even the cover of something like that even looks like. More specifically, I would love to know if any of your catalogs has the price of 4x4 or swallow tail standarts of the period? I know a couple of guys in the upper midwest that well, have collections ammased over 40 years to which the like I have never could have imaged existed; with one of them having a really large and specialized flag collection. I will ask them both if they have any period catalogs of flags for you and if they have anything interesting to say, I will let you know.
            That's what I'm looking for .... Mr. Thomas I should have said Factory manufacture catalogs. I have some catalogs 1900 to 20s with a little military and allot of associations flags and banners.

Comment

Originally posted by damasco View Post
              That's what I'm looking for .... Mr. Thomas I should have said Factory manufacture catalogs. I have some catalogs 1900 to 20s with a little military and allot of associations flags and banners.
              Those Nat Geo books are pretty good. Not only military flags but other flags as well.

Good luck!

Comment

Flag company catalogs ???

Originally posted by damasco View Post
                ...it seems catalogs on Flags are quite hard to come by.
                ...Is there many period catalogs out there? ...
                Regards: James
                Hello James:
                Ditto on "hard to come by". Over several decades of
                collecting, I've noted & obtained a numbers of same.

OFW
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Originally posted by oldflagswanted View Post
                  Hello James:
                  Ditto on "hard to come by". Over several decades of
                  collecting, I've noted & obtained a numbers of same.

OFW
                  Amazing info...

Comment

I am looking for many years for manufacturer's cataloques from the Third Reich and those for flags are quite rare and hard to find.
                    The old Fahnen-Fleck (as cover shown by OFW) is one of the most seen one. But there is also a few pages for SA and HJ flags with drawings and prices.
                    The Winkler-one I am aware about, having 12 pages with flags, armbands and TR decorations.

The one I like the most is:
                    Flaggen und Wimpel als Auto-Stander für die Wehrmacht und Behörden from the concern Walter Simon from Dresden with 25 pages. I have seen once the colored version, but the collector did not want to give colored copies, just b/w. Most information is from 1937 through 1939, but also occasionally 1941. Included also two pages with car-poles.

Comment

have that period flyer add:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice ...

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                        have that period flyer add:
                        Hello GS:
                        Nice "flyer", especially with the swastika flag sizes stated.
                        Curious as to if his flags had any markings? Now "wmtf" listed as
                        #60. S.A.-Mann Herman Tschunden, ...Hakenkreuz-Hausfahnen.
                        sigpic
                        .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X