Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RARE "White Panzer Pants" Photo assistance

Hello Gents

Need some help before a possible purchase of this rare picture.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=733357

According to the seller: "three of these soldiers are wearing the very rare - and short lived - White Panzer Pants and you won't find a better photo of these rare White Panzer Pants in period wear".

Now having a closer look at the row of 3 buttons and white side, it looks to me, that these pants are normal/standard Heer reversible to white padded camouflaged trousers. So i'm a bit confused and i don't want to make a mistake, buying a picture with a uncorrect discription. Difficult to tell from this picture which camo pattern these trousers have on the other side.

What do you think? Does somebody has a picture from these type of white panzer pants to compare

Thanks in advance

Erwin
    Last edited by Erwin L; 04-15-2014, 01:52 PM.

"these pants are normal/standard Heer reversible to white padded camouflaged trousers."

Yes, it is my opinion too.
    derka

Comment

I agree fully, that is without any question what they are.

Comment

What do you think?

I think you should do your Panzer clothing / uniform homework much more thoroughly.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Plain common parka pants obviously...reversible and baggy looking as these are over-pants...A no brainier...

Comment

I would even sell a pair of identical rare white panzer pants for $5000.00, PLUS the bonus is they are reversible to camo!!!

I guess it is just a matter of marketing.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I've got some rare White Panzer Tunic Photos also if your interested in "possibly purchasing" Erwin....just let this Know Brainer No....did those exist ???

"Hunde Brainer"

Comment

I have the complete super rare white Dog Panzer trousers with the panzer white Parka I will sell for 10000, it even has tobacco and street car tickets in the pockets so you know it is real .
                Attached Files

Comment

Gentlemen,

Well not the first time that we do see items for sale on the e-stand with a load of wishful thinking, complete fantasy and even false statements up to a crap description.

Nothing new here and I am sure that it will continue.

Seems to be a part of the game that is often played.

And as so often mentioned here on WAF before, believe the item and not the story, do your homework before you make your own choice.

Happy hunting.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Erwin:

Many Thankx for staring this thread as it led to another direct sale for me - The new owner is most pleased with this fine photo as it complements wonderfully his period copy of the original Order authorizing manufacture of these White pants for Panzer Crews. He did not see my original sales ad but saw your thread and quickly contacted me - it was indeed great to (finally) communicate with a well informed collector who actually knew about the production of these pants....hopefully you at least "lifted" the posted scans of this photo for your files...

Thankx again Erwin for starting this thread, and please, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you continue to be confused and require further enlightening and guidance in regards to any Panzer uniform related issues...

"HundePantsstaffel"

Comment

Awesome, so glad it worked out for you. I have 6 or 7 pairs of these super rare white panzer pants that for about 40 years I had stupidly thought were issue reversible trousers for normal Heer parka sets that I would be willing to sell for 3000 dollars a piece if you would like to speak with your well informed expert.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
                        Erwin:

Many Thankx for staring this thread as it led to another direct sale for me - The new owner is most pleased with this fine photo as it complements wonderfully his period copy of the original Order authorizing manufacture of these White pants for Panzer Crews. He did not see my original sales ad but saw your thread and quickly contacted me - it was indeed great to (finally) communicate with a well informed collector who actually knew about the production of these pants....hopefully you at least "lifted" the posted scans of this photo for your files...

Thankx again Erwin for starting this thread, and please, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you continue to be confused and require further enlightening and guidance in regards to any Panzer uniform related issues...

"HundePantsstaffel"
                        Thank you for your update, explanation and constructive comments. I'm glad it found a good home with a well informed collector of your level who actually knew where he was talking about. It will be fitting nicely with his original Order authorizing manufacture of these White pants for Panzer crews. It will be a true highlight.

Yes i saved the scans. Not for my files… but in case the sale thread would be removed. Just for reference material. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to post them here, knowing that you post other peoples material all the time. Of course the photo credits go to you. You definitely deserve it.

Regards

Erwin
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Erwin L; 04-18-2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

photocredits Hundestaffel
                          Attached Files

Comment

Regardless of the white winter trousers, it is still a very nice photo and deserves to be in a collection where it will be appreciated.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I agree, it is a very nice period pic indeed, regardless its description by the seller.
                              I'm pleased to show an illustration of display of this very rare - and short lived - White Panzer Pants, wich might help all the not well informed collectors who actually don't know about the production of these pants.

I'm joking of course.
                              derka
                              Last edited by derka; 04-18-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X