Adolf Hitlers Visor at Craig Gottliebs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitlers Visor at Craig Gottliebs

CG has on his website Adolf Hitler's early party visor.
    It's got all the provinance to go with it.
    If true, then WOW
    Steve

Eagle stitched trough the linnen ?
    Also I would not expect such a huge maker logo inside AH's cap.

But just my personal opinion.
    Regards
    Christian

Comment

The marker ist right. Hitler prefer Holters!
      But I know the bird was sewn directly onto the fabric of the cap.
      Okay could be more variants?!
      What is the price Craig is asking for it?

Comment

I think Craig will try to sell in one lot. If no such buyer, then split up the grouping.
        My educational guess of the visor alone will be over $1M at least.

Comment

I remember W&H had a Hitler visor once....Same Hat ? Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
            I remember W&H had a Hitler visor once....Same Hat ? Tom
            Yes

Comment

I think the AH grouping that craig is selling came out of the woodwork from the vet through bill shea years ago.

Comment

From a photograph of one of the newspaper articles, the visor was pressed and had lost its shape. So, I think that at some point, the visor has been "reshaped". Also, is the sweatband too new? Has it been replaced?

Comment

Ponder the 'over-kill' of fifty pages of provenance after we learned in a previous thread how things just "self-authenticate" themselves. Perhaps something was learned relating to the chain-of-custody and documentation of finding after all...

Comment

Personally I wouldn't buy a newspaper from Craig Gottlieb.

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                      Eagle stitched trough the linnen ?
                      Also I would not expect such a huge maker logo inside AH's cap.

But just my personal opinion.
                      Regards
                      Christian
                      As already stated. The logo is correct, here's a original Holter's cap that I own.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I would wager that the lot still belongs to Steve Wolfe, though why he allows Craig close proximity to him at this point is beyond me.

I suspect we will now see changes to the Wikipedia pages of "Adolf Hitler", "visor", "sweat", and of course, "Craig Gottlieb", the big-game history hunter.

Feh.

Comment

As Karl says; the logo is 100% and the Tauentzienstr. address dates the cap to post 1936.
                          The stitching of insignia through the lining and prongs from metal insignia through the lining seems to occur on the vast majority of original Holters caps; a fact which I have always found strange because I'm sure that their tailors had the necessary skills to hide the stitching if so desired.
                          The logo on Karl's visor is exactly the same as on the AH visor and is undoubtedly original, but compare the quality of the silk screening on it with my earlier Wilhelmstr. logo...especially the lettering which is really quite amateurish...
                          Attached Files

Comment

$2,000,000.00 Lol. Wolfe still owns this thing. Even if you break the lot down you might have 1.2 Million on a great day at auction for Adolf Hitlers sweaty shirt and hat etc.

Comment

Selling via traditional method by sitting in the display room waiting for customers or advertising in the net doesn't matter . The most important is to how to "package " it to "sell".
                              BTW, Steve and Craig are good businessman.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X