2 NSDAP Visor questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 NSDAP Visor questions

Hello! I've got questions about 2 visors I've come across. I'd like to know if these are in a condition "worth" buying , and if the price reflects accurately its condition. The first visor is $485, and apparently doesn't have its original liner. ANY help appreciated

Visor #2 - Early Orts level Political leaders with RZM tag. This tan cotton blue piped visor hat features 1935 form insignia having the short-winged larger party eagle and swastika kokarde. The tan upper body shows normal age and wear. The chincords are gold bullion and attached to the capband with two gold pebbled buttons. This hat features a brown velvet capband that was added after the velvet band was mandated. Displayed with the 1935 form insignia, this would be the earliest style political leaders visor hat utlitizing the velvet band. The brown lacqured leather visor shows age crazing and wear. Under the folds on each side are two grommets for added circulation. The interior is lined with gold yellow polished cotton. The diamond sweatshield is unmarked. Under the rear of the leather sweatband is sewn an early style white RZM tag. Seller wants $650

Your first visor is by A Breiter, and I question whether the visor has been replaced (the sweatband has).
    Still, it has a nice shape (as most Breiters do.)

The second is a Form 2, most likely with a velvet band placed over the original to bring it up to Form 3 (along with the cockade).

Sweatband may be replaced on that one as well.

Price, I will leave that to others, as I like my hats unrestored.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thank you for your help, what do you mean when you reference visors as "Form"? And do you believe these visors to have been majorly restored?
      Last edited by zzumwalt; 11-09-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X