Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who saw the named field grey tunic for a LAH officer at the max show ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who saw the named field grey tunic for a LAH officer at the max show ?

According to Jim Toncar:
    There was a named field grey tunic for a LAH officer , made in 1940 missing one shoulder cypher but otherwise complete , Original I am sure..

Does someone saw that piece at the max ? Can someone tell me who the dealer is ?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Originally posted by Beobachter View Post
    According to Jim Toncar:
    There was a named field grey tunic for a LAH officer , made in 1940 missing one shoulder cypher but otherwise complete , Original I am sure..

Does someone saw that piece at the max ? Can someone tell me who the dealer is ?

Thanks in advance

Tom

"Single board with cypher, but another cypher missing" and "cypher imprints on boards, without cyphers", "no cyphers - but cufftitle" always give me the creeps personally.

Almost no tunics ever show up with a complete set of boards with original (!) cyphers, with the same matching wear of the tunic (important!).

Hopefully this tunic is the real deal finally! Good luck!

Markus

Comment

According to Jim Toncar:

Thanks in advance

Tom
      I believe the jacket in question is now for sale at the Oakleaf military website.

Comment

I thought I was through posting on WAF, but this is the worst cypher I have ever seen in my collecting life. Why am I not surprised?!

Comment

Tunic

I like that tunic and i have a good feeling. concerning the cypher i am not an expert but may be Markus can explain why he does not like it ..

Comment

Cypher

Originally posted by markus View Post
            I thought I was through posting on WAF, but this is the worst cypher I have ever seen in my collecting life. Why am I not surprised?!
            Here we go!! I examined the cypher in hand. Its an original CuPal LAH cypher.

Comment

Question

Hi Peter

Did you have the feeling everything was originaly sewn?

Thomas

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
              Here we go!! I examined the cypher in hand. Its an original CuPal LAH cypher.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzergrenadiere71 View Post
                I believe the jacket in question is now for sale at the Oakleaf military website.
                This ... http://oakleafmilitaria.com/1310so1.html ... perchance ?

Comment

This is my final post on WAF:

I just got a cupal set from the German vet (personality) directly and the overall quality, finish, crispness have nothing in common with this single 'drill-hole' cypher. I wouldn't touch it. Only my opinion of course.

I now have all types of cyphers including the very first 1933 model (1-2 known examples) in my small collection and none look like the thing on that tunic.

The tunic as such looks very nice btw.

Ok guys, I'm through with posting on the forum now for good and wish everyone here a good time!

Cheers!
                  Markus

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                    Didn't go to the Max but I would say yes.

Comment

Really?

Ok guys, I'm through with posting on the forum now for good and wish everyone here a good time!
                      Markus
                      Oh . . . no you're not! You have a new book coming, and all of us are eagerly awaiting the announcement . . . this CANNOT be your last post here, certainly?

Comment

Tunic

Hi Peter

Did you have the feeling everything was originaly sewn?

Thomas
                        Hello Thomas,
                        I saw the tunic for the first time at the MAX. I was asked to check the
                        insignia for originality. All looked good including the cypher. There was no drill hole
                        as Marcus pointed out. I did not examine the tunic further in a effort to determine
                        original sewing or not. The insignia did appear in equally worn condition IMO however. Hope that helps.
                        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                          All looked good including the cypher. There was no drill hole
                          as Marcus pointed out.
                          They sure look like the drilled-out fake ones to me ...

Especially clear on the left and right side ones.

Comment

I just got a cupal set from the German vet (personality) directly and the overall quality, finish, crispness have nothing in common with this single 'drill-hole' cypher. I wouldn't touch it. Only my opinion of course.

I now have all types of cyphers including the very first 1933 model (1-2 known examples) in my small collection and none look like the thing on that tunic.

The tunic as such looks very nice btw.

Cheers!
                            Markus

I sincerely hope this is not the case and that you will be back on the WAF at some stage...

Very much looking forward to your book on Sepp. If the passion and dedication that was put into the book on Teddy Wisch is anything to go by then it cannot be anything else but a winner!
                            A definite purchase for me.

All the best Markus...

Comment

Cypher

Last time on this one... The subject cypher is a real example!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X