Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1932 HJ Potsdam tinnie

Hi Gang,

Came across this little fella in my virtual voyages. The pin itself is a one-looker original but what about the grade of it? Definitely not silver IMO, never seen it in gold before but it does appear to have sort of plating on so perhaps not bronze either as the plating seem to be quite bright in spots so...what say ye? gold, silver or bronze?
    cheers
    Matt
    Attached Files

There were only 2 types, bronze and silver. I vote for bronze.

Garry

Comment

I'm with Gary

Comment

Potsdam.

It looks very similar to the Gold Finish found on some of the later made unnumbered Bronze SA Sportsbadges that fool people into thinking they're Gold Classes. Still a nice Potsdam Badge Matthew.

Comment

bronze as others have already said, lovely badge though

Comment

hey there guys

Nice and original badge matthew , its seems that the badge has a wartime repere and the original needleplate has been reattached but overall a nice badge. The badge comes in 2 grades as spoken about, however the silver grade is much more rare and expensive among collectors and not everyday seen

heres a coupple from my collection to compare

cheers

004.jpg

009.jpg

Comment

I have the silver Potsdam Day HJ Badge in my collection; here's a note from my register: "The silver version of this badge is the national award which could be privately purchased by every Hitler Youth or BDM member who participated in the giant Potsdam Day youth rally of October 2, 1932. The rally badge issued on the occasion was bronze." I don't now recall where I picked up this bit of information, but it has been on my register for many years. Hope this is helpful.

Br. James

Comment

Nice original badge sloppy replaced pin though, good to see the little H on it
                look closely and you will see it
                Mametz

Comment

hey there br.

Yes this badge is a bit controversial in history and discusions is still alive arround it on varius forums but some facts is luckely connected to it. Well the potsdammer rally was a nazi power demonstration at that time and how it got founded is still on discus bec. the money was low at that time mainly bec of the elections made these years, but arround 80.000 hj participated in this rally, i think in shirach biografie hes mention arround 100.000 but how cares arround some thusind... typical nazis behavior i guess, nevertheless the badges both excisted during the rally and the silver grade as br. Refers too is a honnor badge and acording to the uniform regulation its the only badge thats is allowed to Wear after the rally and is the only official NSDAP badge, these are facts. But the remaning questions is still, was it only issued to HJ-leaders or high ranking hj members and how/when? or is it a replacement of the bronze grade is still questions thats under discus.

well imo the badges are controversial but looking from another angel is that normal nazi behavior is to issue a standard bagde and a badge to those WHO are a bit better is pretty typical, we see it clearly in other catagories too, take for excampel the Reichspartei badge where we find more then 2 grades, but still only my opinion. well its all in the blood

The last 2 facts is that you can find 50 bronze version and only 1 silver and thats why its so whanted by collectors and the Price is effected of that. and last, the only allowed maker of this badge is Hoffstätter so if you find badges whit other makers its...

heres a coupple of pics from the event in 32, cheers guys

RetrieveAsset.jpg

Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-P049456,_Potsdam,_Reichsjugendtag_Hitlerjugend.jpg
                  Last edited by Carsten135; 08-20-2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

This may be of interest: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f55...m-badges-5674/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X