X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panther of Kubinka rolls again

I don't know if it's true or not, but they say it's all original:

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=139366

It's been rolling for years. The first drive tests of the restored Panther G were made 7-8 years ago. It is all original, even the horrible (but effective) paintjob was restored.

Comment

Originally posted by r_hufschmied View Post
      It's been rolling for years. The first drive tests of the restored Panther G were made 7-8 years ago. It is all original, even the horrible (but effective) paintjob was restored.
      Very nice... do you mean that this paintwork scheme is original to the Panther??

Comment

Originally posted by r_hufschmied View Post
        Under restoration from Y2004, first rolled out Y2006. Paintjob is not original umfortunatelly (but old)
        Unfortunately we do not have English page, bur if you can read Russian - here is the link: http://kubinka.ru/newindex.php?id=97&lang=1

Foto dating back to Y2004

Comment

Looks like a giraffe! matt

Comment

Originally posted by blau250 View Post
            Very nice... do you mean that this paintwork scheme is original to the Panther??
            No, the paint job is not original but it was restored from pictures and records from time of capture. This kind of paintjob was field applied, most likely by the crew, and although aesthetically unpleasing an effective disruptive pattern.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. It is very interesting. Great restoration job. A lot of care and detail, not like many others

Comment

Nice to see a genuine Ausf G (not a REME build one) that is a runner, well done!

But please inform them that they have mounted the rear plate engine access hatch with its tow bar up side down.

Kind regards
                Kent

Comment

Originally posted by kwk088 View Post
                  But please inform them that they have mounted the rear plate engine access hatch with its tow bar up side down.
                  Are you sure about that? It's in the same orientation as in photos from WWII - ie several photos in Jentz's 'Germany's Panther Tank' book of both combat and factory-fresh vehicles. The correct orientation seems to be with the two large visible boltheads below the tow-hitch, as it is in the pictures of this Panther.

Edited - Ah, I see it's wrong in the old photo in post #4. If you follow the link to the photos of it now in post #1, you'll see it's now correct.

Comment

There are a lot of small problems in exterior view.

Hope we will have possibility to fix some of them.

Comment

Kubinka has a very extensive collection of german armour and I would love to go there some day!

I have heard rumours that most of them are stripped of engines etc, perhaps someone have further details? The paint job is plain horrible and the person in charge of painting these should do his homework...

Comment

http://www.tankmuseum.ru/index-eng.html

Here you are looking at.

Comment

Was in Russia the last two weeks and while staying in Moscow I've seen several newsreports on TV about the Kubinka Panther. It will have a long drive ahead now for a show or something to which it will drive itself and not by tanktransporter.

Plans are to go to Kubinka myself next year. Curious of what to expect there.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
                            to which it will drive itself and not by tanktransporter.
                            This part of news report is not true (luckly)

Comment

Good to know. It already sounded a bit strange to me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X