X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good solid tallies

Best regards from AH

Comment

Looks like you have caught the fever there Richardo.

All look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
        Looks like you have caught the fever there Richardo.

All look nice.
        Thank you Justin, John and others, there are some more comming soon.

Comment

Ricardo,these are very adictives

Comment

Hi,
            Nice tally collection Even though I have a lot of tallies all but one is English, 2x HMS Hood which are the rarities of my collection even members from the HMS Hood association don't have any.
            My only German one is a SMS FRANKFURT group that I have to Jonni Jurgen Peters with photos of him wearing it ,I could post if there is a interest.
            Mark

Comment

Could you post a scan of your Hood? Love to see SMS Frankfurt also.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                Could you post a scan of your Hood? Love to see SMS Frankfurt also.

John
                Hi,
                Here they are, the Frankfurt is part of a father and son group few photos show him wearing it but there rather faded, the hoods came from a crew member that served on here before the war he was not on her during her fateful battle something he always regretted as he was sick at the time, the Sheffield is part of another group I have including his photo album.
                Hope you like them and there not impeding on this great thread.
                All the best Mark
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Your two HMS Hood tallies are period pieces. The Period after the name and the construction is what makes me say that.

Very nice. Please take extra care of these. I suggest an 35mm film canister. Preferably a dark one to roll up and store these. Or you could send them my way and I will store them in my collection.

Very nice.

JustinG

Comment

Hi,
                        Glad you like them Justin not easy things to find even in the uk not seen another.
                        All the best Mark

Comment

The Hood "full stop dot" tallies are absolutely stunning. Easily worth $300-$400 each, maybe more, more than nearly any KM tally IMO, including U-boat tallies.

Jeff V has one beautifully framed. I will contact him to have him post here. He has some other UK battleship tallies also.

Plus yours have provenance, tremendous story.

John
                          Last edited by John R.; 02-26-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Beautiful Hood tallies! Here is a bad image of mine.
                            Attached Files
                            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Hi,
                              Nice display,I aiso have a Serapis and Victory with the dot ,
                              a Ark Royal without which I assumed to be period were it came from ?when did the dot stopped being used the Sheffield I have came with a Album direct from the guy that wore it cap is dated 1945 and he still served on her during her Caribbean tour after the war.
                              Ialso have several others from a wartime guy all with dots from ships he served on along with other items of his.
                              HMS SHEFFIELD.
                              MHS ST.VINCENT.
                              HMS.IRON DUKE>
                              HMS TYNE.
                              HMS.VERNON.
                              HMS.
                              will post some photos.
                              Thanks Mark

Comment

Hi,
                                Here are the tallies of Harry Smith PMX 65444,a The photo shows HMS TYNE that he gave me along with the tallies and his trade patches and the blue/white neck things that sailors wear.
                                Harry had a very lucky life during the 1918 flu epidemic he contracted flu ,the doctor arrived and told his father that he would come and collect his body the next morning that he wanted it ready downstairs for him to collect, his father did not want to loose his son so he laid him in a freezing bath all night to keep his temperature down, during the the war he survived 2 torpedoed ships that went down under him not sure what the ships were he died of old age at 100 years.sorry for the dirty scanner glass.
                                Mark
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by merdock; 02-29-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X