Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe briefcase - Eigentum der Luftwaffe - Nur für den Geldtransport

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some pictures of this Luftwaffe briefcase which was used to carry money ("Nur für den Geldtransport").

There looks to me a small front pocket missing. Has anyone seen period time photos of it?

Thanks!
    Klaus

www.butschek-antiques.com

A 100% good briefcase
    Not so often seen

Andy

Comment

This was sold on HH:

Black leather document case, marked "Eigentum der Luftwaffe" (property of the Luftwaffe) and "Nur für Geldtransport" (for cash transport only), the lock partially missing, two leather straps for closure. Two "Luftnavigationkarte" (map for air navigtation) in yellow oilcloth, printed on both sides with the Luftwaffe eagle (territories: Ireland, British islands, Asia). Aluminium tin carrier for wind protective goggles, including coloured lenses, reserve translucent lenses and tightening strap for the goggles.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mine was not the one sold via HH. Their one got the metal clipper missing. Mine not. But I have to agree they look similar! Mine turned up at a flea market.

Comment

The seller at HH probably thought that it was a navigator bag .., but it has nothing to do with flight IMO.

I've seen these bags several times, don't know where to place them, maybe to carry wages ?

Jos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X